The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

View Poll Results: Is $325 a good price? Black synthetic 3" chamber rifled barrel
Hell yes! 5 20.00%
A little high 12 48.00%
WAAAYYY to high 4 16.00%
I clicked the wrong thread. =8^) 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 2, 2001, 05:51 PM   #1
Gravity

Remington 870 $$$

Your "neck of the woods" / opinions?
Old November 2, 2001, 06:51 PM   #2
The Plainsman

Gravity....

may I suggest that you look at the following link -

http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/SHOTGUNS.HTM

and then compare your shotgun price with the factory price on the same model. That should give you a pretty good idea of whether you're getting "skinned" or not.
"No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
--Thomas Jefferson
Old November 3, 2001, 09:40 AM   #3
Kharn

My 870 Express combo (28" ventrib and 20" IC with rifle sights) only cost $330 at a Wally World in Maryland. Walmart also has a 26" Ventrib and 20" Rifled barrel combo kit for like $345, but it has wood instead of synthetic. You might have to call around to find a store with one in stock, or just special order it from your local store (wont cost you anything extra, but it takes about a week to 10 days to arrive).

Kharn
Old November 4, 2001, 08:56 AM   #4
old hawk

i got mine 244$,black matte express mag 28" vent rib modified.i cant complain at all.she has digested slugs,uck,all kinds of shot including #2 steel with no probs,has saved me a few times from death and offed a bear once,helped me as a staff leaning on it getting out of a beaver dam hole i fell into(it happens).i cannot say enough good about the 870 ,my only gripe when i got mine was its stiffness and the black matte compound was everywhere.some carefull de-flahing and rail/polishing work and it is as slick shooting as any of the older ones i owned.52 years and still going strong,long live the 870.....
http://www.100megspop3.com/oldvalkyry/870.html
Old November 4, 2001, 09:11 AM   #5
FPrice

FYI

Remington has a coupon on their website good for a $25 rebate on any Remington Model 870 Express for purchases made between 8/1/01 and 11/15/01. May be worth your consideration. I found this somewhere on TFL I think, just can't remember exactly where.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai