The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 30, 2002, 10:11 AM   #1
VTR996

Load Labeling

I bought a speed six .357 w/ fixed sights, 4"er. I really needed a double action to go w/ my blackhawk which has adjustable sights. I was wondering if anybody labeled loads for certain guns? Say the blackhawk likes it hard & heavy & the speed six likes it light & easy, or could I get lucky & both guns like the same load. Anyone know if the two guns are compatible strength wise? Do I need to segregate them?
Old January 30, 2002, 10:22 AM   #2
John D

Both of those Rugers are strong; I would expect anything you load for your Blackhawk would be OK in your Speed Six. The more you shoot it, the more you'll know.......
Old January 30, 2002, 02:01 PM   #3
sricciardelli

My BN-36 and GA-32 both enjoy the same load...14.5 grains of 2400 under the Sierra 158 JHC and on top of CCI-550.

The SA does 6-shots into under 1" at 75 yards, and the DA manages to make one ragged hold at 10 yards.

For those guns which don't like the same loadings, I have found that the MTM plastic cases, which come in all kinds of different colors (gray, blue, green, red, brown) and both transparent and non-transparent are excellent ways to keep 'em apart.