The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 7, 2011, 07:48 PM   #1
mapsjanhere

Suppressing a PS90

I'm considering a suppressor for my PS90. The problem I see is that in addition to the suppressor stamp I don't see a way getting around an additional SBR stamp. The PS90 only makes the minimum dimensions, both barrel and overall, by the use of a pinned flash hider. If I take the flash hider off to mount a silencer I'm immediately in SBR territory. Does a pinned silencer get me around that, and would just the 2 min of SBR while I'm assembling it get me in legal issues?
Old March 7, 2011, 09:08 PM   #2
PTK

Basically, there is very little way to do this without involving a gunsmith who works with NFA items. Yes, for those few minutes of having the FH off, if the barrel is still on there/able to fire, it's an SBR. Annoying, no? :barf:

In any case, it's worth getting the SBR stamp in addition to the silencer. It's a great little SBR, it cries out for you to do it.
Old March 7, 2011, 09:19 PM   #3
rdmallory

Don't think you can find factory loads for a suppressor. You will have to get into reloading.

Doug
Old March 7, 2011, 09:35 PM   #4
Technosavant

You could probably get a suppressor with a QD flash hider that will make the minimum length, and have that pinned on.
Old March 7, 2011, 10:57 PM   #5
mapsjanhere

I'm not looking into a "silent assassin" type suppression that requires subsonic rounds (so I'm into reloading) just something that can be fired indoors without leaving everyone's ears ringing. But we seem to all agree it's a $400 for the 10" barrel +$500 for the suppressor +2 x $200 for the stamps project to be done right. What, with a $1500 gun, makes it a serious investment thing.
Old March 8, 2011, 01:06 AM   #6
rjrivero

Drop a line to [email protected]

If the barrel comes out of the P90, then they can cut it down, crown it, thread it, and weld a suppressor on the gun, if that's really what you want to do.

However, it's worth having the two stamps. Best kind of stamp collecting, if you ask me.

Also look into a "one suppressor fit's most" kind of setup. The Liberty Mystic, for example, is a 9mm can that is user serviceable, and can be used with .22, 9mm, .223 for limited use. You can find it on THIS PAGE.

They don't list the 5.7 specifically, but I think if you talk with them, you'll find it will do fine on the 5.7.

Last edited by rjrivero; March 8, 2011 at 01:13 AM.