The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 12, 2010, 04:50 PM   #51
Sgt.Saputo

^ Very nice. I dig the .25 .

"Stock padding? Mosin not cater to girly men. Mosin tough like hammer, take abuse, keep fighting. Defend homeland!!!" -spetznaz1337
Old August 13, 2010, 09:05 AM   #52
LarryFlew

I'm on the other end of the fence. Although I really liked the (2) 1903's I had they where both almost too nice to shoot. Sold them on GB for nearly 2K and bought a couple of other 32's with money left over. CZ 83 in .32 nice target shooter but as heavy as a 1903 and a Kel-Tec P32 8oz light and pocket carry.

Loved those 1903's and so did my granddaughter (16) who whined for a while but is now shooting one of my 9mm's anyway so water under the bridge. Hate to sell any guns but also do NOT like to have just safe queens. Did the same for a S&W model 41 scoped that was 70's vintage with exactly one box through it - couldn't afford not to sell it and those sales made me be able to afford some nice guns that I do shoot often.

ANYWAAAAAY love the 1903's and especially a $200 1903.
Old September 5, 2010, 10:09 PM   #53
Sgt.Saputo

Larry,
The way I looked at it was like this, if I find a really nice 1903 I wouldn't be able to afford it, if I could I wouldn't shoot it, and if I did it wouldn't make any sense. I felt that a beat up 1903 would not only be cheaper and better for a shooter but, every one of those scratches and dings had a story to tell. To me a gun that's beat up is a gun with character .

"Stock padding? Mosin not cater to girly men. Mosin tough like hammer, take abuse, keep fighting. Defend homeland!!!" -spetznaz1337

Tags
.32acp , bedside , colt 1903 , finally