The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 1, 2005, 02:28 AM   #1
vicvic

stevens 620

when i put the reciever back together the lifter stays raised and wont move to its downward position. please help. i cant find instructions anywhere
Old April 1, 2005, 05:40 AM   #2
cntryboy1289

question

Are you referring to the carrier or elevator? If you are, there should be a carrier dog that the bolt rides over to push it down and pushes it up as it the bolt is worked rearward. I would break the action back down and make sure the carrier dog was put back in place correctly. If you aren't sure what I am referring to, it should be on the right side of the trigger guard and it should sit right behind where the carrier attatches. When you push it down the lifter goes down as well as when lifter goes up the dog is pushed downward. Make sure it moves the lifter up and down. If it doesn't, it may need a good cleaning if it is having trouble moving. If it needs to be replaced, contact e-gunparts.com. They may have a replacement for it. Good luck with it.
Old April 1, 2005, 07:48 PM   #3
Clemson

Instructions can be found in the Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part V: Shotguns. Even an older edition will have the Stevens instructions, and they can be bought for a few bucks on Ebay or Amazon.

Good luck!

Clemson
Gunsmith www.boltandbarrel.com