The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 6, 2001, 07:20 PM   #1
Waitone

Just got back from the range where I shot my first reloaded rounds (.45ACP). No blood, bruises, broken fingers, or broken teeth. Shot off 55 rounds (loaded for 800 ft/sec.) uneventfully and recovered all brass. All in all a good day at the range.

Follow-up
1. Now that I can roll my own, how do I teach myself self-control in my loading/shooting habits?

2. My Kimber Stainless Classic consistently ejected brass 6 to 8 paces from my position. 18 to 24 feet! Ain't that a little excessive? If so, what can I do about it?

Old May 6, 2001, 09:05 PM   #2
Hal

Good on ya!

Nah. 15 to 25 feet sounds about right. My Kimber throws them that far unless something gets in the way. I can usually only recover about 85-90% of my brass, so getting 100% of yours back is a real plus.
Self control?!?!? Is that some foreign term? If I had enough of that I would have gone shooting Saturday instead of hitting the slot machines in W.Virginia

*Actually, I can't shoot right now.,,,got attacked by a friend of Algore and Nader a week ago,,,dam*ed poison ivy!