The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 18, 2010, 11:39 AM   #1
nobearsyet

springfield set trigger

Ok I posted this in the blackpowder thread and only got 1 response so please bear with me as I am reposting my question here I am building a trapdoor springfield for BPCR competition and am wanting to use a set trigger I know pedersoli makes a couple trapdoor variants with set triggers and am planning on using pedersoli parts but not sure which ones I need to install in my original springfield assemblies can anyone tell me which parts I need to replace? And which tumbler (as there are 2 from SA) etc I need to use as I probably have enough trigger and lock parts to do at least 3 guns and knoew I have both kinds. Also would it be possible (without being a master gunsmith moind you) to use a standard muzzlelloader double set trigger with the springfield lock? Any and all help will be appreciated.
Old July 19, 2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

I can't say I've ever had a trapdoor apart, but I would ask Pedersoli first if their parts fit the original lock? There are a bunch of Trapdoor links, here. One of them may have the answers you seek?
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old July 20, 2010, 10:44 PM   #3
nobearsyet

I tried that link and asked a bunch of guys over there and got no response other than to try some adjustable tumbler thing to improve pull but I am kind of set on a set trigger (pun intended) either single or double. Has anyone tried putting the pedersolli lock parts in a springfield lock? What parts are different between a set trigger lock and a regular lock I know with muzzleloaders you have to add a fly but can find no listing of one in any of the pefersolli schematics I've found. And all of theplaces I've looked all of the part numbers are different for all of the pedersolli trapdoor guns so no luck there. Can anyone direct me in the right direction?