The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 19, 2015, 01:37 AM   #1
ingEneer22

AR10 High Profile Rail Options

So I though I had my first .308 AR figured out. I had all of the parts picked out and come to find out that the Seekins SAR rail I wanted to use would not align with my Aero Precision upper which is apparently a high-profile upper. Can anyone make any suggestions for a high profile rail or handguard. It doesn't seem like there are many options.
Old January 19, 2015, 06:26 AM   #2
G.barnes

There are actually more high profile rails thanks lo profile. Check out rainier arms, Midwest industries, Troy, and Samson. There are more I just can't remember.
Old January 19, 2015, 10:25 PM   #3
Negative Investment

I had the same issue with mine, I got the the AP upper with the high profile, I ended up with a troy rail. I believe it was 200$, but it is discontinued from the manufacture, but still on Optics Planet.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/troy-13-...ttle-rail.html

I have mine on an 18inch barrel. There is more low profile stuff out there now, 3 years ago it was the other way around.

Last edited by Negative Investment; January 19, 2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old January 25, 2015, 06:48 AM   #4
Taco-XL

I went with the Rainier Arms Switch rail by Fortis. Its a little pricey but i love it and it also is quick detach...pretty sweet. Ill post my build when i complete it. Damn Fulton Armory sent me the wrong pivot pin size.