The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 28, 2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Venom1956

Help installing new float tube on Nordic/SR-22 Chassis

Hey all.

Recently got stock forend removed from my sr-22/nordic and now I am looking at replacing it. problem is I can't seem to get all the components stationary? and now putting the stock SR22 fore end back on seems to be just slightly canted to one side. I'll be honest I am no AR pro so please help!

1.) thread on barrel nut
2.) thread lock nut on to barrel nut
3.) install fore end
4.) tighten lock nut to fore end, but this causes the barrel nut to come unthreaded...

Does the barrel nut needed to be locktited in place for good before I install the forend? Right now I'm doing the whole mix and match thing and really don't wanna make anything permanent.

or am I totally missing something?

Also whats the purpose of the lock nut on the regular SR-22 fore end? since the tube and 'barrel nut' looks to be one piece? I feel totally confused.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old April 29, 2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Venom1956

Anybody?

I assume the Nordic is quite similar to an AR install. People here have to know how to install them to ARs!

Please any help would be great.

I'm guessing the barrel nut needs to be locktited on before installing my float tube. So i can't just have it threaded on...
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug