The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 7, 2005, 10:50 PM   #1
Nnobby45

Bought new Scattergun Tech. #SSTD-AS

Allright, I went and did it. Yes, I know they're expensive, but I took the plunge. Haven't got it yet--on order.

This Wilson Combat (Scattergun Technologies) 870 tactical shotgun with SureFire fore end, side saddle, tactical sling, tritium front sight, rear ghost rings, etc. retails for $1165, but we retired guys need something to spend our money on. Gave up drinking years ago and I'm not a Sugar Daddy yet.

I'd appreciate opinions, which don't seem to be in short supply on this board--especially from any of you who might own one--or a similar piece of equipment. I was tempted to acquire a semi-auto, but decided to stick with what I'm familiar with.
Old March 9, 2005, 07:35 PM   #2
You

Cool, let us know how it handles.
Old March 10, 2005, 07:13 PM   #3
knightkrawler00

Can't say as I have a whole lot of experince with it, as I picked mine up last weekend, used. Speedfeed pistol grip stock, Surefire forend, side saddle, sling, tritium gost rings, and a Vang Comp'd barrel. I put a few low recoil slugs through it and a box of cheap bird shot. Worked perfect. I'm so far very happy with it, as I'm sure you will be. Enjoy it.
Old March 11, 2005, 07:09 PM   #4
Nnobby45

Thanks, Knightkrawler, I wish I'd had the option for the Vang barrel to tighten up the pattern. Some of those will put 9 00 buck into the average chest area at 25 yds. Oh well, that's what slugs are for.