The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 6, 2014, 08:01 PM   #26
hodaka

Steyr makes the pistol that Glock wanted to make. Check one out.
Old September 7, 2014, 12:54 AM   #27
photoman12001

CZ 75

There are a few mentions of a CZ 75. My experience so far hasn't been great. I bought a matte stainless version and its ergonomics are fantastic. I expected this gun to be one of my best shooters but it has not worked out that way. I can get decent groups for 5-6 rounds then the rounds start drifting all over the place. It just doesn't shoot consistently. I easily out shoot the full-size CZ with my SIG P229 and my CZ P-01 and it confounds me.

Now my P-01 has about $600 worth of custom work by Cajun Gun Works (basically everything they offer) so it better shoot well and it does. The trigger on the full size CZ isn't nearly as good and I don't like the sights on it at all but I still think I should shoot it better. I think I'm going to get different sights installed and see if that helps. I really want this gun to work for me.

This was my first target shot with it and I was pleased. Since then I can't duplicate the results.
Old September 7, 2014, 06:45 AM   #28
Pilot

Great pics of the CZ's. You may have gotten a lemon with the 75B stainless. It happens. I've had a full size 75B since 1998, and the 75D PCR since 2000, along with the Kadet Kit, and have been very pleased with their performance. My 75B is one of my most accurate pistols, and it is totally stock, as is my PCR which is just as accurate even though it is a compact model.

You may want to send it into CZ USA, or CZ Custom for them to check it out.
Old September 9, 2014, 07:37 AM   #29
batmann

Try as you might, still hard to beat a Glock 17 or 19. Yes, they are fugly, yes they look like a 2x4, but pick one up and SHOOT it. You will see the light.