The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 15, 2000, 05:26 AM   #1
DDS

I am contemplating purchasing either The Tasco Optima 2000 or the Docter Optic sight for my Sig P 210. A forumite was kind enough to give me info on a source for custom mounts for the Optima but I was told the Docter Optic sight with glass lenses is of much better quality and construction. Does anyone have any personal experience with either of these sights? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! Dave
Old August 28, 2000, 04:44 PM   #2
Nacho

a good friend of mine shoots thousands of rounds thru his 38 super IPSC gun, and uses the optima. He had some trouble with the first version and a wandering zero but the new model works fairly well. H e bought the new docter optic sight when it first came out and it broke at the first match it was shot in(about 300 rds.)From what I have heard I would recommend the tasco. When I get my open gun this is what I will use!
Old August 28, 2000, 08:54 PM   #3
WalterGAII

Somebody on another board bought a new Docter sight. Says that it's too clunky and sits too high for his tastes.

The Optima is available for $149 at Midway. There are several companies that offer sturdy bases for the Optima.
Old August 29, 2000, 04:35 AM   #4
DDS

Thanks for feedback guys. Sounds like Tasco might have the better track record.

WalterGAII: Do you know the "several" companies that make the bases for the Tasco? I can't find a stock one for the Sig, probably will need custom made due to lack of demand.

Thanks!

Dave
Old August 29, 2000, 10:27 AM   #5
swampy

Try www.egw-guns.com they will make a Optima mount for a Sig for you. At the home page, select parts, then select scope mounts.

[This message has been edited by swampy (edited August 29, 2000).]