The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 21, 2008, 12:04 AM   #1
Blacktail_Slayer

Rabbit & raccoon help

The areas where I hunt rabbit are low-land areas. I live in southwest washington and there were some nasty floods this year. Before the floods I would see quite a few. But I tried going to one spot and a lot of it was flooded real bad. One spot is surrounded my even more somewhat flat land. The other spot is around a small lake and goes up a STEEP hillside and is mainly conifer forest, the area down next to the lake is brushy, full of blackberry thickets and small trails. I am not sure if its worth the time scouring the land looking for surviving rabbit or should i look for a new higher hunting place (which is extemely hard to find, most is private small land plots)

I also know other areas that have raccoons around, but they arent up in the trees and I never can seep to find em. I am new at hunting raccoons, I dont have a dog, and am not really sure how to go about it this time of year.

Please any help?