The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 17, 2011, 01:06 PM   #1
fireman1291

Buying from GLOCKMEISTER? Youve been warned

Greetings Gentleman/Ladies,

I wanted to share my recent/ongoing experience with GLOCKMEISTER so no one else here has to go through the same thing.

I placed an order for a size large glock fleece for $64.51 on 12/27/2010 at 3:40:27 PM. It was delievered Jan 4th.

Upon opening the package I noticed that the size LG was indeed large, in fact im 5' 9" 180 althetic build and it came down to my KNEES! Also important to note was the tag, the tag was not official GLOCK apparel as it as advertised but rather some mountain brand made out of country.

I called Glockmeister immediatley and spoke to a very kind woman who said she would exhange the item but I had to mail back on my dime....ok i thought, tis the price you pay for ordering clothes online.

After I got off the phone with her I checked out LoneWolf for a threaded barrel I needed to order for a suppressor when I noticed they had the same fleeces for sale for $15 cheaper!

I called back GLOCKMEISTER and told the them I want a refund instead of an exhange, they agreed. I went to the USPS and spend $9 mailing the fleece back priority mail. This was done Jan 5th in the morning and the fleece arrived back at GLOCKMEISTER signed for on the 7th at 11:42am.

Several days went by and I hadnt seen a refund clear my bank so i sent an email inquiring about it. During this time I placed my order with Lone Wolf and bought the SAME fleece. And realizing that a refund might take a day or two or three I let it be and waited for my new fleece to arrive.

To my surprize when the same fleece came from Lone Wolf Dist it had a offical GLOCK tag on it!!!!!! Im not talking about tags that you cut off like a retail store, im reffering to the one on the inside of the collar with the size/make and washing instructions.

At this point I still hadnt seen a refund clear my bank so i sent a email asking if its been processed.....no reply. I wait....and send another email on the 15th

"Please call my cell phone immediately, I still have not received my refund and you've had your product back for 8 days. I don't care what you have to do but that money better be credited to my account come Monday!"

Two days later i recieve a nasty email from Steve at Glockmeister telling me

"Your apparel item has been received and logged in. A refund has been issued in our order system. It is now out of our hands and will be processed by the credit card gateway system which can take 2 - 3 business days. Today, Monday 1-17-11, is not a business day.

In the future you will amend your tone with my staff so as not to be threatening anyone who works for Glockmeister. "

Well excuse me for being a little irritated at the fact on recieved a elephant sized cloned glock fleece, spent $9 returning, and still havent seen a penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here is the icing on the cake! He wont refund the total w/shipping on the original TOTAL of $64.51 but instead is only refunding the $55 price of the POS fleece!

So I waited in limbo for 10 days and I'm out $18.00.

So there you have it, ALL the facts and the biggest fact off all.

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; January 17, 2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Skirting language filter
Old January 17, 2011, 01:51 PM   #2
MisterPX

You do realize that most retailers only refund the purchase price, not shipping?

If lonewolf had the fleece cheaper, why didn't you just buy there to begin with?
Old January 17, 2011, 01:52 PM   #3
fireman1291

If the product wasnt as descibed dont you think that warrents a FULL refund? And i didnt see the item on LWD site at first.
Old January 17, 2011, 02:10 PM   #4
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
And here is the icing on the cake! He wont refund the total w/shipping on the original TOTAL of $64.51 but instead is only refunding the $55 price of the POS fleece!
I'm not aware of any company that refunds the original shipping rate.

I just bought a jacket from Cabelas and while they refunded the jacket cost in full, I had to pay shipping both ways. It's part of the deal when buying online. It also took about 2 weeks for them to notify me that my refund had been processed as well.

I'm also going to guess this is closed in 3, 2, 1...
Old January 17, 2011, 02:11 PM   #5
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THOSE LYING CHEATING XXXXXX xxxxx.
Actually, if someone spoke to/of me like that, I wouldn't be very enthusiastic either. Just saying.

Last edited by Bud Helms; January 17, 2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Uh ... quote has been edited by Staff.
Old January 17, 2011, 02:11 PM   #6
fireman1291

The product was NOT as described.......Dont know how I can be more clear.
Old January 17, 2011, 02:22 PM   #7
nathaniel

I think we all got that point. Still thats part of buying things online. People screw people every chance they get, get over it. I dont order anything from websites that arent 100% reliable. Cabelas, Sportsmans guide, and Midway is all I order from, because I KNOW they have good customer service.
Old January 17, 2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Scattergun Bob

fireman1291

First off, you have a language problem, simply putting **** as a letter replacement does not get the job done! Please edit your post and clean it up.

2nd - you have made us aware of a problem, thank-you, however this is a gun related forum, what does this have to do with guns?

Free speech aside we need to stay focused and on point, and we need to make sure that we convey the best of our sport.

Good Luck & Stay Safe
Old January 17, 2011, 02:40 PM   #9
Mike Irwin
Staff

Fireman,

I'm sorry if you're upset at what you perceive to be bad treatment by the retailer, but that still doesn't mean that you can bypass TFL's language filters by employing abbreviations for words that otherwise wouldn't be used in polite company.

Your post has been edited, please don't do it again.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old January 17, 2011, 02:42 PM   #10
fireman1291

It has everything to do with guns. Since its a gun related retail site. I'm trying to help fellow enthusiasts not get screwed and I get ridiculed. O well, cant say I didnt warn ya. Carry on.
Old January 17, 2011, 03:04 PM   #11
jimjc

fireman
I understand exactly what you say but look at it this way you learned a cheap lesson and only lost a few bucks next time you wont be as easy.

Some here have said that all companys charge you shipping when "they make a mistake and are in fault" and send the wrong merchandise is simply not true. I`ve done business with businesses that will not charge shipping when they are at fault and thats what one needs to know up front. If in doubt a quick email before you order
Old January 17, 2011, 03:35 PM   #12
scottl

Quote:
The product was NOT as described.......Dont know how I can be more clear.
Maybe I am missing something.Didn't see anywhere that the Glockmiester's was Glock OEM,just made in USA.Lonewolf's does give Glock as manufacturer.
Old January 17, 2011, 08:04 PM   #13
Vt.birdhunter

The man is claiming he was sent garbage, then received less than ideal customer service.
I would expect a full refund as well.

Cabelas and Sportmans guide have both given me full refunds (including original shipping) for defective/incorrect orders.
Old January 17, 2011, 08:12 PM   #14
Crazy Carl

Call your CC company & dispute the charge.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:07 PM   #15
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Thread moved from General Discussion to Retail Deals and Feedback. At this time, it's best to leave this closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; January 17, 2011 at 11:33 PM.
Closed Thread