The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 28, 2014, 11:58 PM   #1
johnelmore

FBI shooting in Florida of Ibragim Todashev

I post this thread so we can look at and discuss the tactics of the FBI agent involved in the shooting. Most of us probably know or have bumped into a guy like Todashev. A guy who gets into trouble easily with violent tendencies and a bad temper that has been involved in several fights in the past. Its helpful to reflect on this incident.

The FBI investigation into this matter has been called into question. You can read about that controversy and debate it in other forums. This thread is to only discuss the tactics involved.

Here is a link to a 161 page report which goes into detail https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...EB_y06feZPXgKA

What jumps out at me is they took their eyes off of the man and thats when it all broke loose. They should have had their attention on him the entire time. Obviously a violent character and not one to lose attention of.
Old March 29, 2014, 08:47 AM   #2
Jim243

Tactics, what tactics? Interrogating an unarmed man for 8 hours solid without giving him his Miranda rights or an attorney and then shooting and killing him.

I fail to see the tactics except a violation of all the laws we were brought up to respect.

This should be on a legal forum not on TFL.

Mod's please close this thread.

Jim
Old March 29, 2014, 09:53 AM   #3
Glenn E. Meyer

We are not here in T and T to discuss his rights.

I looked at the report and it indicates that the dead man attacked with an weapon and was shot.

If the purpose of the OP was to indicate that you would have been more of a tactical superstar than the agents, that gains us little.

Let's leave this open for a bit and see if there are on topic cogent comments to be made. I caution against the typical suggestion that you would have done better or a political analysis.
Old March 29, 2014, 10:32 AM   #4
skizzums

3 officers versus a broom or mop handle, after 3-4 shots he sprang up and started attacking again

i cant even go into this w/o getting in trouble
Old March 29, 2014, 10:39 AM   #5
Frank Ettin
Staff

It looks highly doubtful at this point that this thread can effectively be limited to a discussion of tactical issues.

So we're done.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread