The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 28, 2001, 12:16 PM   #1
Alleycat

Credit where it's Due

There's a pretty enthusiastic division between the Hornady Lock N Load gang and the Boys in Blue when it comes to reloading equipment, and I've gone on record before stating that we should consider the level of support given our events by the manufacturers. Dillon has long been an active supporter of the action shooting sports, and has weighed in heavily in ICORE events in particular--but at this year's ICORE Championship, I see that Hornady stepped up to the plate with a LNL reloader as well. Kudos to all, and whatever you buy, be sure to let the company know how much you appreciate their support!

Steve
Old June 30, 2001, 09:10 PM   #2
David Wile

Hey Steve,

You have to be kidding. Until I read a thread last week, I thought I was the only person who had a Hornady L&L. When I read that thread, I found out there are actually four people in the whole workd that have the L&L. The boys with the Blue must outnumber the Red by 1000 to 1. When the Blue guys talk about their presses, they pretty much state that Dillon is the best, and it is usually followed by a statement that they got excellent service when they had something break. I would suspect that a large majority of Blue owners never looked at any progressive other than a Blue owned by one of their friends. I tell people to look at the Red, Green, and Blue before they write the check. To me, Hornady was a better buy dollar wise, and it is made just as well as the Dillon. I would not say Hornady is better - it is a better buy for my needs when compared to the Dillon 650. When I bought mine, RCBS did not have a progressive that was comparable to the L&L or the 650. I like my Red one, I would also like the 650 Blue one, but the Red one is less expensive for me.

I know, however, I am in the minority. The Blues outnumber the Reds by far, and they are very outspoken in their devotion to the Blue. One fellow recently joked to me that the Blue folks seem to be a cult. I laughed for a while, and then thought there was more truth to that sentiment than I first realized.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile