The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 3, 2017, 09:19 AM   #1
KW Gary M

Has anyone used Shooters Worls Powder?

Has anyone used Shooters World Powders? Their website claims they can be used with the same load data as many of the popular powders. Mid South Shooters Supply is offering free Hazmat Shipping with two ponds or more. Looking for opinions as I have never used it.

http://shootersworldsc.com/wp-conten...ual_103017.pdf
Old December 3, 2017, 10:03 AM   #2
higgite

How do you get free hazmat from Midsouth? I put 3 lbs of Auto Pistol in my shopping cart just to see and when I went to check out there was a $28 hazmat fee included.

I've never used SW powder either, but with free hazmat I would be tempted to give it a try.
Old December 3, 2017, 11:38 AM   #3
Unclenick
Staff

Those powders are Lovex powders, and are well known in the industry. I believe they make the newer version Nitro 100 for Accurate, for example. The Pardubice, Czechoslovakia maker has been around since 1920. QuickLOAD has the full line listed in its powder data. The importer/distributor is here.

I just got the free hazmat notice from Midsouth in today's email. They run the special periodically. You have to choose UPS Ground for shipping, it says, but, like you, I still see the fee on the checkout bill. I would just call them and ask.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old December 3, 2017, 12:53 PM   #4
higgite

A friend just forwarded the email he received from Midsouth. The free hazmat is only if you order 2 lbs or more of Shooters World Clean Shot powder. There is a hazmat fee, even for other SW powders, if there isn't at least 2 lbs of Clean Shot included in the order.
Old December 3, 2017, 02:12 PM   #5
GeorgeandSugar

Going to give it a try. Read positive reviews. Plus free haz mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old December 3, 2017, 02:15 PM   #6
KW Gary M

I missed the part about it only being Clean Shot Pistol Powder. I'm going to the Miami Gun Show next Saturday. I'll probably wait and buy powder there.
Old December 3, 2017, 02:27 PM   #7
rg1

Clean Shot is the equivalent of Accurate Arms #2. I believe it's the same stuff? Uses the same data? Just work up to make sure.
Old December 3, 2017, 02:58 PM   #8
hounddawg

here is a link to their load data, If I needed some pistol powder I would gamble 40 bucks on a couple of pounds.

Lovex reloading guide
Old December 3, 2017, 03:09 PM   #9
RC20

Mid South is good to work with.

I ordered some bullets, what they quoted was low and wrong but I knew I would get a notify on it.

I did, we agreed on a shipping method that was still very good and less than I expected.