The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 14, 2014, 02:18 PM   #1
JayCee

Grizzly Cartridge/Cast Performance

Has anyone done any business with Grizzly Cartridge or Cast Performance of Rainier, Oregon recently? They also go by the name Rintoul Enterprises. I've bought bullets from them before, and placed an order for some .475 bullets about three weeks ago. They immediately charged my credit card, but I haven't seen the merchandise yet. I've tried leaving a message on their website, and have left phone messages, but no response. I'm wondering whether the company is in trouble, since ignoring customers is a pretty good indication that something is wrong.

Anybody know what's going on?

“If I owned Texas and hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in hell.” - General Phillip H. Sheridan
Old June 14, 2014, 03:30 PM   #2
WESHOOT2

worth the wait

It's summer; they're busy; superb bullets.
Old June 14, 2014, 03:44 PM   #3
Unclenick
Staff

Ever since the overall shortage began due to hoarding, the casters have been trying to catch up. They are gradually gaining, but as Penn Bullets asked on their site, would you rather have them spend time answering phone calls and emails or have them spend it getting bullets out?

Most of the casting outfits are just a very few people, not big corporations with full time office staff. So, I wouldn't worry yet. Unfortunately, delays measured in months rather than weeks are not uncommon these days. Until the hoarding settles down and/or added production capacity catches up, it won't necessarily be the indication of a business in trouble that it is in normal times.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old June 14, 2014, 05:16 PM   #4
AL45

I ordered bullets from Rimrock bullets earlier this month and got them about 5 days later. Never ordered from Grizzly, but would like to try some Cast Performance bullets.
Old June 14, 2014, 05:26 PM   #5
JayCee

OK, thanks for the responses. I'll be patient...but it irks me that they've charged my credit card already. Most businesses don't charge your card until they're ready to ship.

“If I owned Texas and hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in hell.” - General Phillip H. Sheridan
Old June 16, 2014, 05:25 PM   #6
WESHOOT2

Top-tier bullets.

What cartridge and what bullets and what work?
Old June 16, 2014, 05:33 PM   #7
Mike / Tx

I agree with the rest, top tier bullets for sure. I used them in my 454 before I got into casting with excellent results both on target and on game.

I did the math however, and found that I could purchase the alloy in 65# boxes for around $65-70 from other folks who had some to sell, and even with that and the cost of GC's and the Lee 6 cavity 452-300RF mold I came out ahead pouring my own.

Of course after I found out how much fun that was, well I can't say I have saved a whole lot since......

But hey, I am cooling off from smelting up ingots right now so it ain't all bad.