The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 27, 2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Famas

Hard Leftist group making anti-2nd stance

Channel surfing this morning brought me to several different "gun-control" debates with plenty of images of the anti-2nd rally in Washington DC. I noticed many of the participants holding what appeared to be similar posters made by an organization called CREDO ACTION. A quick look at their website confirmed they are as anti-2nd as they come, and have found an opportunity to make their presence known. Their posters are quite the hit at anti-2nd rallies, here is what it looks like:

http://cdn.physorg.com/newman/gfx/ne...kingwavesh.jpg

Needless to say, CREDO ACTION is an extreme Leftist organization, or "Progressive" as they like to say. I've never heard of them before today, thought the members here should be made aware of who they are.
Old January 27, 2013, 05:09 PM   #2
seabee78

Thanks for the notice. This whole thing is really getting out of hand. I hope we can end this with our firearms still in our possession.
This country has no room for dictators.....

seabee78
Old January 27, 2013, 05:27 PM   #3
nate45

Its going to end with firearms still in my possession, till my dying day. What I may, or may not die from is another story.
Old January 28, 2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Tom Servo
Staff

CREDO has been around for awhile. They're a division of Working Assets, a company that sells "socially conscious" credit cards, wireless service and long-distance phone services. The money is then funneled off into various political causes. It's a sort of money-laundering scheme.

Working Assets, was founded by Larry Litvak. In 2008, they gave $48,650 to the Brady Campaign.

Litvak is also on the Board of Directors for the Tides Foundation, a tax-exempt management group that handles "donor advised" donations, tax-deductible and completely anonymous donations. They manage the money and funnel it into various "causes," one of which has been the Violence Policy Center.

Their assets totalled $145,459,750 as of 2004.

Managing Director Danica Remy worked for Michael Milken as Vice President of Knowledge Universe.

Senator Leahy is a spokesman and former aide for the Environmental Working Group, which is chaired by Drummond Pike, one of the founders of the Tides Foundation.
Old January 28, 2013, 07:23 PM   #5
Wrothgar

Anyone know if its possible to get those signs without paying them money? It would be REAL easy to just tape over that "against" and write in "for". I'm sure they'd just love it. :-)
Old January 29, 2013, 10:23 AM   #6
adamc

Wroth...

That is a great idea
Old January 29, 2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Xfire68

No need to change the signs. Just let ME fill in the white section!
Old January 29, 2013, 11:50 AM   #8
Wrothgar

I tried finding those signs, couldn't even find a place to request them, even for money. I suppose next Friday when I'm at the rally I'll just have to make my own sign that copies it; example, "Another parent for the second amendment" or something to that effect, I'm a terrible artist and couldn't draw an AR to save my life.