The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 31, 2002, 08:21 PM   #1
ProStreetChevelle

Bay area (CA) Gunsmith?

Does anyone have a favorite, competant gunsmith in the bay area that they would be willing to recommend? I'd like someone to go through my Gold Cup, a Sig P228, and my Glocks as a general "checkup" and maybe do a little trigger work as well.

Anywhere in the Bay area (preferably South Bay, I'm in Santa Cruz) would be fine.

Thanks.
Old April 1, 2002, 01:39 AM   #2
Romulus

Just moved away from that part of the world, while I was there I learned of one top notch outfit, but it's way north bay...Scott/McDougall in Cotati (or Rohnert Park, I forget now), I think they are affiliated with Montana Hawk...

Their reputation is nationwide

My personal experience is with Dave Orchid at R&D Guns & Gunsmiths, he's in Napa...first rate service

(707) 257-1894 is the number...

Good luck

Ti faccio vedere come muore un italiano
Old April 1, 2002, 12:50 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

Scott & McDougal use to be moderators at the Smithy Forum. Business got too good and they didn't have time to do it justice.

If there's work I can't or won't handle, I take it to Frank Tabor (Tabor Engineering) on El Camino Real in San Bruno. 650-589-0505. One thing about Frank, he rounds around a lot pursuing his SASS hobby and sometimes he just isn't in the shop.
Old April 1, 2002, 01:35 PM   #4
Jaydeman666

I haven't tried Tabor's, but I have tried a couple other places. Jackson Arms' gunsmith is very limited. Imbert and Smither's gunsmith had problems just installing trijicons on my Glock (ended up scraping half the finish off the sight).

Since then, I've been sending my firearms out to gunsmiths out of the area to get work done to them...