The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 9, 2001, 11:07 PM   #1
dwesson445

Kiddie Pack?

Went to the local CAS shoot Sunday. Thought it would be a good chance to show my Anti-gun Mom what I do for fun.

I didn't see any kids this time, and I was thinking as we drove back into town as I explained to Mom the gear needed to get into CAS. That's when I had an idea...

Has anyone ever heard of a retailer or distributor creating a "Get Yer Kid Started in CAS" package? I thought that if someone put together a pack of:

1. Two Single Six revolvers
2. One lever action 22
3. One double barrel .410
4. Holsters & Belt

it might make a terrific way to get the kiddies ready for CAS...?

Any reaction?
Old July 10, 2001, 09:11 AM   #2
cjc

I think it would be great idea for Kids as long as you were flexible with the kit - A lot a CAS shooters will have maybe one or two of the idems for their kids already, or they my really prefer on mfg over another.

I also think a good package for adults would be a good idea. A package(s) that included the 4 main guns needed, with leather at a discount price if purchased as a package. Again you may want to offer a little flexibility. When I was getting my CAS guns I would have loved being able to get them all in a package.
Old July 10, 2001, 11:12 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

There are sites that have starter packages out. I believe that CAS City has sutlers that sell packages. www.cascity.com
Old July 10, 2001, 06:50 PM   #4
4V50 Gary
Staff

One heckuva great idea. Remember, unless we pass our heritage down to the younger generation, it dies with us.

I've been tempted to buy a Hawkin rifle kit which has been scaled down for kids. The lock, stock, barrel, sideplate, trigger guard, butt plate have all been made smaller. I think it was Golden Age Arms which was selling it.