The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 10, 2014, 06:52 PM   #1
ZVP

I got a grip on it!

I finally found "the" grip for D/a shooting with my Model 10HB!!!
I bought a set of Jerry Miculack hardwood grips from The Blue Press catalog for only $79.
Honest guys, these grips put your hand in a pure D/A shooting mode! They are even better than the big Factory S&W Target grips.
I had a Range-master buddy grab the revolver for his opinion and the first words out of his mouth were," Hey these put your finger right on the trigger!"
Now honestly, these grips feel very odd while trying to thumbcock the hammer for S/A shooting but that' not what they're made for.
Far as I am concerned, nothing else has ever held so naturally and consistantly.
They're made for "K" & "L" frame S&W's.
Try em!
ZVP
Old October 10, 2014, 07:35 PM   #2
ckpj99

I have a pair on my Model 10 4" as well. I really like them. Unfortunately, I carry a Model 10 2" and the JM grips are terrible for CC. They are great for everything else.
Old October 10, 2014, 11:38 PM   #3
ZVP

They are kinda long, but I think that's some of the magic that makes em work.
A 2" eh?
I have a Chief with S&W/Uncle Mikes on it. Also good for carry in a Bianci hip holster.
ZVP
Old October 11, 2014, 12:34 PM   #4
ckpj99

I was carrying a 3" Model 36 for over a year. I decided that if I'm going to carry anything on my belt, it might as well be something I can really control. I just could never get really fast with the heavy trigger on the gun. I traded it for my 2" Model 10 and I've never looked back. It's just a little heavier than the 36, but just as easy to carry. The trigger is a million times better and I can hit and hit really fast with it. If I dressed differently and could pocket carry a j-frame, I might go back.