The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 13, 2008, 12:00 AM   #1
HogManMagnum

Zero bullets?

ive been buying ammo from Georgia Arms and recently found out they use Zero bullets for their cheaper JHP offering. i looked it up but couldnt find any info on the Zero bullets so im wondering if anyone out there has any experience with them or any performance data for them.

i dont use them as my HD/carry ammo but i do keep a few hundred rounds stashed away and id like to get some more... but first i'd like to know if that JHP be trusted to perform properly in a drastic situation or would i be better served by something like WWB JHPs?

thanx
hoggie
Old July 13, 2008, 10:55 AM   #2
WESHOOT2

ZERO bullets

Check here: www.rozedist.com

The bullets are used by the official USPSA ammo supplier, Atlanta Arms.

As for the effectiveness of their 124g JHP on human targets, not enough data has been collected.
Better than rocks, though.
Old July 13, 2008, 12:00 PM   #3
HogManMagnum

well, ive been using the 180 gr .40 s&w rds... im surprised no one has done any tests on their JHPs yet... i dont expect spectacular results but im curious as to how the compare with the big name stuff...

definatly better than rocks tho...
Old July 13, 2008, 12:18 PM   #4
CrustyFN

I have been buying them from Powder Valley. I haven't bought any in a while because I still have a few thousand left. They used to have very good prices on Zero bullets but it was getting harder and harder to find them in stock. The link that WESHOOT2 gave is also a good place to buy them. Great bullet for the price in my opinion.
Rusty
Old July 13, 2008, 01:12 PM   #5
CowTowner

Use lots of them

I buy directly from Zero, which is the link WESHOOT2 provided.
I use the 180 Grain TCFM for 10mm, 165 TCFM for 40 S&W, 185 Gr JHP for my .45 ACP as well as just about every other caliber I can. As a matter of fact, the only caliber I can't use Zero Bullets for is my .41 Magnum. Simply because they don't make them. When buying for www.rozedist.com, they include the shipping in the price. Also, if your looking for brass, they do stock new and once fired.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy