The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 20, 2001, 06:49 PM   #1
GUNNUTS

Looking at a new satin hunter 3 1/2 in. would like good or bad news thanks
Old March 21, 2001, 09:33 PM   #2
K80Geoff

Citori?

Is this a 3 1/2 chamber! This gun will probably kick like an old army mule!. Citori's are know as hard kicking guns, the ones I have shot (Mostly Sporting Clays guns) Were rough on the shoulder. And that was with light target loads!

Why 3 1/2 in magnum anyway? 3" will do anything the 3 1/2 " will do IMHO. Then again I am not an experienced waterfowl hunter. I do see hunters locally using 10 ga guns but they are all autos.

Browning citori's are well made guns, I see many shooters using them in Sporting Clays and they have a good rep. So gun quality should not be a problem.

Geoff Ross
Old March 23, 2001, 08:23 PM   #3
Jim S

Citori!

GUNNUTS,
If you like the feel of the Satin Hunter go for it! I have a 3 1/2" Hunter model and just love it! The only time I shoot the 3 1/2" loads is for geese so recoil is not much of an issue for me. It's not like a person is going to go out and shoot the big loads every day on the skeet range! The reason I like this gun so much is the fact I use it for everything! I shoot quite a bit of skeet and trap(5-6000 rds+ a year), pheasant hunt, quail hunt, waterfowl hunt and turkey hunt. I use my Hunter for all of these(I do have other shotguns I use also, but I use my Citori most of the time)!
Hope this helps
Jim
Old March 25, 2001, 08:06 PM   #4
Nimrod

Citoris are better than Timex in the keep on going department. I have a 3.5" Hunter and use the 2.75 loads most of the time. That's because I have other guns for turkey, waterfowl and deer hunting in those horrible "buckshot only" areas.

The 3.5 inch Citori gives you the ultimate in reliability, durability and versatiltity at the expense of weight compared to other Citori models.