The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 4, 2006, 11:13 PM   #1
bigben

Info on new england arms pardner pump shotgun

just wondering if any of you guys have shot one or have any knowlege of them. Thing about buying one
Old March 5, 2006, 12:46 AM   #2
Dfariswheel

It's really just the Norinco "clone" of the Remington 870 shotgun made in China.

The gun has been imported under names like Norinco, Hawk, Interstate Arms, Brolin, and now New England Arms.

Basically it's a close copy of the 870 with at least "some" parts interchangeability, but NOT barrels.
"Some" aftermarket accessories "may" fit.

Most owners report that it makes a good knock-around, farm, or truck gun.
Quality, fit, and finish are NOT up to American standards, and as with all Chinese made guns, long term durability of heat treating and steel is unknown.

Bottom line is, it always goes "BOOM" when the trigger is pulled, but don't expect a quality gun.

Keep in mind that often you can buy a genuine Remington for a few dollars more if you shop around, and you can usually buy a good used 870 for the same price.
Old March 5, 2006, 10:42 AM   #3
oletymer

Just another low quality chinese import to supply the lust of many Americans for cheap things. Do yourself a favor and don't buy it.
Old March 5, 2006, 11:03 PM   #4
bigben

thinks guys I think I'll look more at the mossy's and the 870
Old March 6, 2006, 09:45 PM   #5
Csspecs

I like the one I bought for my father. It is not a gun that you buy to put on a shelf or for re-sale, it is just a shotgun that you use hunt with.

I have used a fair number of pump 12s and it seems to shoot and handle like some of the higher end ones (higher end being less than 400.00).