The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old October 28, 2012, 03:11 PM   #26
billcarey

Yep, my RCBS funnel works on 22 too. Its about 25 yrs old. I have no doubt RCBS will send you one that fits if you call them.
Old October 28, 2012, 03:55 PM   #27
TheBear

Ive just sent a message to rcbs, cant imagine them really sending me a new funnel tough, theyre probably not going to answer at all.
Old October 28, 2012, 07:59 PM   #28
greentick

The few experiences I have with RCBS CS have been great. You may be surprised. My press is blue and the accoutramenture is a rainbow so I wouldn't count myself a blind fanboy. If the email is unsat, please give them a call.
Old October 28, 2012, 08:18 PM   #29
warningshot

hoolin1

Since you are the only one asking for an explanation with a blocked privacy setting I will address two of your concerns here.

Quote:
YOU (warningshot) owe us an explanation! Why should any of us listen to your feelings when obviuosly your in a SMALL minority
First, I know I’m in the minority. At 17, I was the only one of many young men whom, after completing the physical, boarded the bus headed for MCRD San Diego while everyone else headed for the Army & Air Force. In 1985 I said Urban LE needed the option of having an AR-15 in the patrol car. Thank you for your concern, but I can assure you that I’m comfortable being a majority of one.

Secondly, while at Longview Community College I read and understood about foreign trade agreements. And at about the same time era I bought an America made RCBS powder funnel. It worked then and continues to work now at some 30 years later. Apparently you are one of many owners in the majority of recently purchased foreign made RCBS funnels. Other posting acknowledge the fact that many of these foregin funnels do not work properly and yet the majority buys them. This I do not understand. I have 30 plus years of a posetive experiences with RCBS sales and service. I am sadden and disappointed to hear of their relationship with foreign manufactures. Yet, I'm not surprised on the concept of degraded QC from such ventures.

I remember the people of Missouri as being hard working and kind to one another. Perhaps you yourself moved past the educational level of community college and onto higher education. And with that education perhaps you might favor us in explaining why we should accept acknowledged inferior made foreign powder funnels from RCBS. Maybe your explanation, Sir, would be received in a better light if you would please include an explanation to the stark discrepancy between your initial post and my memory of the good people of your neighborhood.

Last edited by warningshot; October 28, 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old October 28, 2012, 08:54 PM   #30
lee n. field

Quote:
Ive just sent a message to rcbs, cant imagine them really sending me a new funnel tough, theyre probably not going to answer at all.
I bet they will, but I've got a better suggestion: call them, as with a telephone.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old October 28, 2012, 09:14 PM   #31
warningshot

The RCBS factory is ~2 hours north of my location. They sometimes send reps. to the bigger shooting sales & events. They are good people.
Old October 29, 2012, 08:08 AM   #32
hooligan1

Nope can't say's that I own an RCBS powder funnel, mines an older Ohaus, but 95% of the rest of my equipment is RCBS and it's from the Eighties.
I appreciated the nice story, but back to the thread, By "small minority" I meant that you and the OP were two of the only people I ever heard talking down about RCBS.
Quote: why is RCBS often back-ordered. I think RCBS owes someone an explanation. I won't be buying anything new RCBS until then.
Thats your right and thanks for your explanation.....
Old October 29, 2012, 08:20 AM   #33
learningcurve

Not a huge thing but figured I would throw my comment in the bunch. First of all I got into reloading cheap and got lee. I have had to call and email a couple of times for customer service and it has been hit and miss rather or not it is a good experience.

However prior to that I did call rcbs to ask some questions and until I figured out they were mostly made in china, with exception to some of thier products as even the person I had talked with on the phone told me, I bring this up to say that I bought a set of USED 30-06 dies from a different forum and they showed up with some surface rust and no instruction sheet. I called to ask how I could get the small book that came originally with them just to make it easier to keep up with, to which the lady asked politlely for my name and address and 3 days later I recieved a new copy of the instruction manual, honestly I expected to get something looking as if I printed it off the website. She also said if the rust kept the dies from working properly to call back and she would have me send them in for a cleaning or repair or replacement. As she didnt think they should rust from sitting.

She was polite and very helpful so I cannot see them not being willing to help and answer a email.
Old October 29, 2012, 08:25 AM   #34
JimPage

I find this thread and similar threads distressing. There's just no reason to take things so personally just because someone disagrees with you. Reasonable people can disagree without rancor.

This thread just tells me that some of you are really not mature enough no matter what your chronological age is. SHEESH!

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
Old October 29, 2012, 03:49 PM   #35
TheBear

jimpage,
this thread is about a powder funnel that isnt working as it should. whats your problem with that? Do you think its ok that rcbs sells a crappy product? I dont understand what you find so distressing about this thread.
Old October 29, 2012, 04:00 PM   #36
jmortimer

^ I'm not sure her was referring to you. You have a legit complaint, and web search and this thread support the fact that the current production .22-.45 RCBS funnel has some issues at .22.
Old October 29, 2012, 06:07 PM   #37
Greg Mercurio

This is not broadly aimed, so those of you that have tried to limit this thread to the original problem, (a defective funnel) can ignore the rest of this post:

And so it morphs into a jingoistic China-bashing rant about the quality of a funnel: the RCBS Corp.'s choice of country of origin?

I can tell you that this country also creates it's share of scrap, defective or otherwise unusable products. We regularly find them on the shelves proudly displaying their Made In America banners.

I have at the present time 66,000 pieces of plastic, very expensive, all defective, all unusable, and the manufacturer is trying to tell me they will not accept the return, won't rework in-house, nor will they accept the costs of rework if we contract it. Country of Origin? Missouri, USA. (By definition all Missouri manufacturers are bums)

In the past 35 years of working with Japanese, and Chinese suppliers, I have NEVER dealt with a company when a problem is found that didn't stand up, make it right and move forward. Until today, with these guys from Missouri. (Remember, all Missouri manufacturers are bums)

OP: CALL RCBS!! If for some reason your email gets lost or not received, you will chalk it up to poor CS. And never get the original question answered.
And if they don't resolve your proble, I'll send you MY RCBS funnel that works just fine on .22 cal cases. Then I'll go find another. From RCBS.

Last edited by Greg Mercurio; October 29, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old October 29, 2012, 06:52 PM   #38
warningshot

hooligan1

Quote:
Nope can't say's that I own an RCBS powder funnel,
Sorry about that hooling1. I assumed you actually owned a sub-par RCBS funnel and had first hand knowledge on the topic subject.

I know the watchdog is content in his doghouse. But I just can’t resist rapping on the fence sometimes. End.
Old October 29, 2012, 09:04 PM   #39
Unclenick
Staff

Well, I think by now the OP knows to call RCBS. They really do have excellent customer service. 1-800-533-5000.

So I suspect the thread has run its course.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Closed Thread