The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 28, 2013, 12:06 AM   #1
timn1965

Have you ever lost a Mosin Nagant trigger pin?

Disassembled my old Mosin Nagant M44 that I use for wild hog hunting the other day for a good cleaning. At some point I lost the trigger pin. I say this after reading that this is a fairly common problem. Warning! Beware the trigger pin simply free floats and can very easily fall out and become lost as mine did.

I ordered a new one from buymilsurp.com. In the mean time I ground and old drill bit down, fitted it and cut it down to fit. The old hog killer is ready again for the hunting grounds.
Old August 28, 2013, 02:40 PM   #2
m&p45acp10+1

I had to fish one out from under the fridge with a telescopic magnet once. Not only will they slide out. The round suckers will roll into the most peculiar of places.
Old August 28, 2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Slamfire

Gremlins have hidden hundreds of small springs, pins, plungers, and screws in my garage.

You learn to take things apart in bags, over magnetic dishes, because once they hit the floor, Gremlins grab them and run off.

I know this sounds ignorant, but it is the best explanation for an observed phenomena.

And don't get me on my soap box about that rascally rabbit!
Old August 28, 2013, 04:36 PM   #4
Beagle45ACP

Slamfire's post reminds me of the bullet gnome theory that someone posted here

Wastin' away my future children's inheritance one box of ammo, range fee, and bottle of Hoppe's #9 at a time.