The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 24, 2013, 09:11 AM   #26
Willie Sutton

^^^ then you would like dealing with me.

The law requires that I establish that you are a resident of my state, and that I have no reason to believe that you are a prohibited person. I ask for a CCW, which does both, shake hands, and say "see you at the range sometime".

Bill of sale? Well....shucks: I've got more important paper to store than a bill of sale. And I "probably" purchased what I'm selling you the same way, on a handshake after showing my CCW myself. Isn't the USA a great place to live?

Segue: If the UBC requirement proposals were simply to obtain and then show a proof of residence and lack of criminal/mental health history, and to require that sellers VIEW this upon a sale, but not keep a record of the sale, I would not object. Many of us do it anyhow by use of the CCW as ID. No responsible seller wants to sell to a criminal.

Willie

Old April 24, 2013, 01:02 PM   #27
8MM Mauser

I had a great experiance selling a Mosin nagant on armslist last year. Nice guy, did a bill of sale and had a CCW and all that.
Old April 24, 2013, 04:49 PM   #28
BrassAndLead

I heard something interesting from a seller I had done a deal with. He told me he was trying to sell a handgun and guy drove 30 miles to come to do it. Before agreeing to the deal, the seller had asked that the buyer sign a bill of sale and provide a govt issued ID. When the deal was about to be done, the buyer provided an ID with a different name other than what was told to the seller. The deal fell through for obvious reasons. Why would someone do this? lol
Old April 27, 2013, 11:04 AM   #29
spencer5650

I've never boughrt anything from Armslist, but I have sold a couple. Smooth transactions, no problems. Lately there do seem to be a lot of gougers on there.
Old April 27, 2013, 01:05 PM   #30
Dalek

Hmmmmm

I have had no problems with Armslist. In fact, picked up some nice toys and such.

Yes, some seem to think that smoking crack before setting a price there, is the way to go but, as in any matter of making a purchase, if the asking price is just nuts, move along with a snicker.
Old April 27, 2013, 02:06 PM   #31
Garycw

Armslist. What's Your Experience.

I've got a little bit of a problem selling a gun to someone that is registered in my name to someone weather I know them or not. If they ever did something stupid with it, I wouldn't want it traced back to me as being the owner, unless I had proof I sold it. I would be the only one with the record.
Serial #, date , name and signature. Simple!
Old April 27, 2013, 07:13 PM   #32
Dalek

Amen, Garycw!

Here in CO., the law as I understand it is that one is supposed to create and retain a bill of sale for private transfers (prior to the new mess of laws where now, you are required to do a BGC).

I have not had this come up because other than my kids coming to own those items in my collection they do the best with, I simply find it impossible to part with any toy I bought. After all, I wanted it at the time so, it has to have had some appeal.