The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 29, 2014, 05:12 PM   #1
L2R

Tornado Technologies in Oregon and threading barrels

TT has a good reputation online. I sent a CX4 to have the barrel threaded.

I was told up to 5 weeks to get it done and I sent it to them.

10 weeks and 2 phone calls and still nothing done.
More irritating is that they have no plan nor can they tell me when it will be done.
They are polite and so was I but it makes no sense to call every 2 or 3 weeks to hear that they 'hope' to get it scheduled in the next week or so.

I am grateful that machine shops are busy in the USA. I am confident they do quality work but it appears that now isn't the time to be a small customer.

I am hoping someone here can steer me to a place that can specifically do CX4s as they are unusually odd to disassemble and reasssemble.

p.s. apologize if this is in the wrong sub forum. It is feedback in that I would not recommend Tornado Technologies for gun work at this time but more importantly, looking for someone who is willing to work on them.

Last edited by L2R; October 29, 2014 at 05:30 PM.