The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 17, 2010, 02:06 AM   #1
oif-vet

Anyone ever order from YHM?

I order a gas block riser directly from the YHM website almost two weeks ago and it hasn't arrived yet. You would think with the $10.00 shipping it would be here by now. The website did not list it as out of stock. I will call them on Monday just curious to see if anyone has experienced their shipping before or knows how they ship. UPS, USPS? Thanks.
Old January 17, 2010, 05:17 AM   #2
10-96

Might or might not get ahold of anybody on Monday with it being a holiday.
I started to order a gas block and sight from them, but I went with Brownell's as they were cheaper and I just have more faith in them as I've been ordering from them for a long time.

When were you in the sandbox? I was there in '03 and '04- Talil, Al Asad, FOB Redskin, Najaf, Scania, and some crappy little palace place near Habaniyah.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old January 17, 2010, 10:52 AM   #3
rbernie

I've had good luck ordering from YHM. They may be running a bit slower than they used to, but you'll get what you ordered.
Old January 17, 2010, 10:54 AM   #4
zoomie

My guess is SHOT has something to do with the delay. It's like this every year - anyone with a minimally-manned shop is kinda worthless for the first few weeks of the January.
Old January 17, 2010, 03:13 PM   #5
oif-vet

Thanks for the replies guys. 10-96, I was there in 05-06 Al Hillah and FOB Falcon Baghdad. I always order from Brownells but they didn't have the riser I needed. It's the one that lets you mount a same plane front site on a gas block. I have Troy BUIS and a YHM gas block. Currently, my BUIS are co-witnessed with my EOTECH.
Old January 17, 2010, 03:16 PM   #6
roklok

I ordered an upper receiver and a BCG from YHM just about two weeks ago, still waiting to receive them. I figured maybe shipping to Alaska was taking a bit longer. I am not worried yet, but usually receive things quicker when ordering from Brownells or Midway.