The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 21, 2010, 01:22 PM   #651
threecharley

howdy all. glad to be here and glad you all are here. seems like a nice forum. well I'm from Tulsa,OK 48yrs old married to a very good looking lady Lisa with a perfect little gentlemen named ryne who's 10yrs old. and does excellent in school and loves guns of the past and present. and he loves to shoot my p90 with the suppressor mounted.
Old September 21, 2010, 08:24 PM   #652
damien33

From a small town in New Brunswick Canada. I love to hunt and fish. I go every chance I get. I also love learning about different guns and ammo. Glad I found this forum and hope to learn lots.
Old September 22, 2010, 12:00 PM   #653
marsmet47

hey there, y'all !!

Hello all. New forum member here from north Florida...Leon/Wakulla County area Have enjoyed reading posts for a while and recently decided to join. I'm 56 years oldand have been shooting since I was 12. S&W and Ruger revolvers...rifles...shotguns...a wide selection of firearms.

Even though I have been around firearms most of my life I know there is still plenty I can learn, your site looks great, and full of knowledgeable people. I look forward to interacting here.

sehr dankbar,

marshall in tallahassee

shalom / tschüss
Old September 25, 2010, 09:48 PM   #654
Merrel43

New member saying hello.

Looking forward to adding to my firearms knowledge base.

Thanks
Old September 27, 2010, 11:53 AM   #655
bigloudvtwin

new here

Hello, The name is Shane. Hail from wet western Wa State. Been in the military. Working as civilian for 25 yrs now. Love to hunt, shoot and reload for all my weapons. Cast my own bullets for my .44 mag, .444 marlin, .45 LC and .45 ACP. Kinda got a thing for belted mags. Don't know how that started it just happened. I'm an old gearhead so maybe it's a horsepower thing. I'm a member on Reloaders Nest as well. Nice to be here. Cheers All
Old October 1, 2010, 01:59 PM   #656
NyNick21

New guy saying hello

Hey all, im Nick from New York City. New to firearm forums but have been hunting/target since I was about 7. Im only 23 years old, but I hope to absorb alot from the veteran shooters here.
Old October 2, 2010, 05:41 AM   #657
therealdeal

sept 15, 2010 arrival

hey TFL members,

I grew up in mass and have been building a family in virginia with my wife who was born in virginia(I have been in virginia since '05). the extent of my firearms training growing up was tv, the news, and the little my grandma's(may she rest in peace) brother taught me as well as my uncle(it wasn't much but one is retired NY state police and the other is retired ATF).

the massachusetts mentality of weapons or at least the fact that many, many less people are into guns or carry in mass than other states, lead me to originally be senstitive to the antis(I never took sides- I just never had guns so I didn't care much of it). I volunteered for the war and had extensive weapons training. after my honorable discharge from the army when my time was up, I got into federal law enforcement where I have learned much more about weapons+firearms. We also own guns and enjoy them too. safety is a priority. the children are still very young, yet I already have an electronic safe since you cant find the keys for that(over ride keys are locked in safe). the 2nd amendment is also a priority as well as the fact the my wife&I believe in defending ourselves+our family. I became an NRA Life Member this year(being a disabled vet brought the price of life
membership down for me).

so far we have a rifle, shotgun, and two revolvers(including a CCW). I had a stoeger cougar&we shoot semis at work. I prefer revolvers without a doubt

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)
Old October 3, 2010, 01:51 PM   #658
lArepuS

Hey All,

I am a new shooter and purchased a sig p229 for home defense a few months back and after going to the range to practice, I've been hooked ever since. After the handgun purchase, I picked up a Mossberg 500, Ruger 10/22, and a Mosin Nagant 91/30. I'm in the process of picking up a Browning Buckmark Practical which I'm really excited about. I've been browsing TFL recently and really have learned a lot from this forum about improving my shooting skills. I wanted to sign up to say thanks for all the great information and hope to participate in the discussions.
Old October 3, 2010, 06:27 PM   #659
elamska

Catching up to the What If...

Starting shooting rifles in the Army, about 25 years ago, always as Expert in qualification, then once a year in the Reserves too. I always wondered, What If I had some coaching, some training, wonder if I could really be a shooter... After the once a year firing ended about 17 years ago, I put the idea aside. Until now. I bought my first .22 pistol about 6 months ago, joined a range and started plinking. About a month ago, I read about bullseye shooting, and attended a league night. That's it, completely hooked. Just attended a USMC bullseye clinic this weekend and got some great instruction and fundamentals. Hope to fire in my first match in two weeks, not because I'm ready, which I certainly am not, but because why wait?
Old October 4, 2010, 12:49 AM   #660
cabech984

I'm new as well, I'm Chris. I'm a Marine Corps Veteran from Dayton Ohio. I have recently gotten into handguns and rifles again. I served from 2002-2006. I currently own a Taurus PT911, an old old muzzle loader, and am "babysitting" my grandfathers M1 Carbine. I'm looking into getting a few more firearms, like a Glock 26 or similar ccw as well as a Ruger 10/22.
Old October 9, 2010, 07:43 PM   #661
Wydglide

Wydglide

Name is Scott. Have a couple of old air pistols trying to find the values.
Old October 10, 2010, 09:07 PM   #662
tang75081

Hello, another gun lover joining a forum for the first time I've came across this site a couple of time and wanted to join and now I did. Hopefully, I can have the opportunity to interact and discuss about guns to other people here.
Old October 10, 2010, 09:20 PM   #663
misam

Mike from Michigan. Just got back into shooting after 25 years. A lot to learn and doing that every day. So far I bought a Ruger Mark III, Ruger LCR, Glock 19 and Taurus TCP. Can't buy any more or the wife will use one of them on me. I enjoy the forums and learn a lot from them. It helps me keep up with the latest guns, problems and solutions.
Old October 12, 2010, 09:31 AM   #664
Ruger 1974

Noob

Hello from the Mountains of E. TN. Have been shooting most of my life, now I own all from a .22 Ruger to a .50 cal., and love 'em all...... Some are safe queens, most are not. Looking forward to more expertise than I have. Great to be here.
Old October 13, 2010, 12:48 PM   #665
Fargazer

Michael Ankenbrandt, from Chattanooga TN.

I haven't shot much since my Wisconsin childhood, when I used long rifles (.22s and .257 Roberts). Now that my wife and I have found a good local indoor range (Shooter's Depot), we've started regularly practicing with 9mm pistols. She uses a Ruger SR9C, and I use a Walther P99 AS; we also have a pair of Walther P22s (seem to run fine with Stingers, and we keep them cleaned and lubed). I'm planning to purchase a Glock 34 to attend some of the GSSF events, and we both are taking a Tennessee concealed carry class in the next few weeks.

I've found these forums to be very informative, and I'm looking forward to participating in the community!
Old October 13, 2010, 10:44 PM   #666
Irish B

Hey everyone. Glad to be a part of the forums and am trying to glean as much info as possible from the wealth of knowledge here! I'm a Firefighter/Medic and avid outdoorsman. I'm going to school part time right now for Wildlife Biology but i'm no tree hugger. I believe strongly in the benefits of hunting and and how important hunting is in controlling the population to maintain a healthy ecosystem. I volunteer for several animal conservation agencies but am also an avid hunter and sportsman! Oxymoron i guess but i believe conservation is all about maintaining a balance and part of that balance is keeping populations healthy. We can't work and work and work to say we want to promote a population growth of animals yet not work to control overgrowth, which can create an even bigger problem. In the past i've owned a Remington .308, Remington 30-06, Savage 30-30, Winchester Super 7mm, S&W .38 sp, Glock .40, etc. I only now have a Remington express super mag 870, Ruger sp101 357 mag, and an old Marlin 22lr. Looking to get a new Remmy semi-auto .308 and an H&H .375 very soon. Glad to be a part of things guys!

Last edited by Irish B; October 13, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old October 14, 2010, 10:43 AM   #667
Ted

New

Hello folks. Name is Ted and I from Ohio. Worked for General Electric for 42 years and retired in 01. Every day is now Saturday and WORK is a four letter word! Married to my wife for 51 years and have two grown sons and one grandson. Like to fish, bowhunt, and shoot. Don't do to much of any now days. Arthritis has me kind of held down.
Old October 14, 2010, 11:10 AM   #668
rfjr

Greetings

Ron from St. Louis MO. I own a Remington 700 .30-06, Remington police shotgun, and a Springfield Armory .45 XD. I have been into guns for about a year. Like target shooting at my club bencrest http://www.shootingstl.com/

I am into target shooting. Not much of a hunter. I like the home defence as well as sniper shooting aspect.

Any advice is welcomed.

Ron

Last edited by rfjr; October 14, 2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old October 18, 2010, 10:19 AM   #669
jpeterson66

Very new and need help finding where to post my questions?

i have some questions about saiga and ammo size so i was wondering where to ask the questions?

[A Saiga rifle question would be appropriate in The Art of the Rifle forum. A Saiga shotgun question would be appropriate in the Shotguns forum. Ammo questions specific to a rifle or shotgun are appropriate in the respective rifle or shotgun forum. General questions about ammo are appropriate in the General Discussion forum. - Bud Helms]
Old October 21, 2010, 08:30 PM   #670
Gunner0331

hey from Jacksonville, NC

Name's Tony. I'm currently stationed in NC but am moving back to Cincinnati, OH Dec 14th. I'm a machine gunner in the Corps(not for too much longer) and then am going to school for business with my GI bill when I get out. Looking in to getting my FFL and hopefully starting up a gun shop. I'm an NRA member and when I get a little more cash plan on joining the USCCA as well. Look forward to getting to know some of you and talking about guns.
Old October 24, 2010, 07:53 PM   #671
David Blair

I'm a new member and need some advise on how to find a replacment ejector for my twenty year old Interarms Walther PPK 380 pistol. I have tried Smith & Wesson and NUMRICH gun parts with no luck. Any suggestions?

[Try the Gunsmith forum. - Bud]
Old October 28, 2010, 08:12 PM   #672
bjl333

Hello everyone !!

Hello from Southern California !!! I surfed my way into your forum and decided to stay. Looks like you guys have a nice thing going here. Looking to make some new friends across the country.
Old October 29, 2010, 08:44 AM   #673
hammered54

hello,
been lurking for a long time here ,great site.
don't let the name fool ya ..it's not a state of mind.
I'm into drag racing,old coins,loud music..and the second amendment.

Matt.
Old October 31, 2010, 08:54 AM   #674
motorhead0922

Hi TFL

This is a great forum, with a wide range of topics! I look forward to learning a lot.

Right now I have a 20 ga Mossberg 500, Taurus PT92, and Walther PPK .32

Thanks,
Ken
Old October 31, 2010, 09:35 AM   #675
Krazy Cash

Another new guy, this one is from Maryland. Raised around guns and knives so I am pretty familiar with most aspects. My uncles got me hooked when I was around 7 or so with their old .22 bolt actions and semi-autos. Then went into handguns from 9mm to .357mag. Now i'm in my twenties and have a few firearms of my own (Beretta 92, couple of military surplus rifles) and looking to get more. I've been looking around the forum for a bit and I like the info i'm seeing.

See you around.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent