The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 25, 2012, 05:10 PM   #1
krinko

ACR at the range with ACOG

Despite the weather here in the middle of nowhere, I was able to take the new ACOG out on the good old ACR and zero the resultant combination.

For some reason, the ACOG's elevation knob had been bottomed out and the first shot at the 100 yard Blue Rocks hit the top of the 50 yard berm.
(Yikes!)
Many clicks later, I was vaporising the 100 yard clays at the point of the chevron and doing the same for the 200 yarders notched into the underside of the point.
Nice.

I was going to use the money I spent on the ACOG to rebuild the front end of my car---but this good intention has gone to the same mass grave where I have put all the other ones.
-----krinko
Old November 25, 2012, 09:52 PM   #2
krinko

Here's what was on it before---

-----krinko
Old November 25, 2012, 10:07 PM   #3
uradaisyifudo

That looks like a very nice combination of rifle and optics and impressive shooting out to 200 yards, thanks for the review, every time I get to where I have the cash saved up for sweet optics like that, I get tempted to buy another gun...