The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old September 24, 2008, 03:03 PM   #1
ckone

shooters for obama?

posting this because i'm just wondering how many are out there who are shooting enthusiasts, and yet, also, obama supporters or at least unbiased enough souls to accept a man based on his performance and views as opposed to maybe the color of his skin, or what they "heard" was "true" without following up?
i was disappointed this morning when i logged onto the nra site and read some false, propaganda-like stuff about obama that was 100% untrue and started thinking "i wonder if anyone is buying this crap"...?".
while it's well documented that obama "doesn't want to see ak-47's in gangbangers hands...", there isn't very much solid info that supports the view that somehow obama's campaign or ideals are at odds with our 2nd amendment rights... moreover, there is no evidence that he or mccain's stances are even any different.
so... i'm wondering, and hoping, many haven't bought this b.s., and are clearly looking at things pragmatically, and not letting any biased here-say cloud their judgement on there decision and ultimately on their vote.
i'm a card carrying member of the nra, and shoot around 1000 rounds a week, and i'm a proud obama supporter this election since i don't want my kids to inherit the garbage it looks like they're going to have to if things keep going the way they have been...
this election, as a man in my mid-thirties, is perhaps more important than any i can remember and maybe in my lifetime and can't stand seeing folks blindly grasp to talking points, or issues without knowing the facts.
vote how you want, that's why i love america, however, as a preview of things to come, if you think mccain's choice for vp was, and is, a solid "presidential" decision... then maybe now, maybe more than ever, i'm glad i have been given the right to bear arms.
please share your thoughts, all are welcome.
Old September 24, 2008, 03:06 PM   #2
grymster2007

L&P is closed.
Old September 24, 2008, 03:12 PM   #3
ckone

2nd amendment topics in a firearm forum make perfect sense to me... unless of course you've got some kind of problem with one of those other amendments... you know the one... FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
Old September 24, 2008, 03:15 PM   #4
Musketeer

1. L&P is closed (although I do not agree with it)

2. Opposing Obama because he is a Marxist who has a history of endorsing every ban proposed for firearms has nothing to do with his skin color and saying it does to support him only indicates the racists extent some will go to to GET him elected. He could be polka dot and still suck.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin
Old September 24, 2008, 03:15 PM   #5
rantingredneck

Quote:
FREEDOM OF SPEECH
This is not a government sponsored forum. Privately owned and paid for. See the difference?

L&P was closed for a reason.
Old September 24, 2008, 03:16 PM   #6
IZinterrogator

Quote:
you know the one... FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
Which doesn't apply here, because this is a privately run forum. As grym said, L&P is closed.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old September 24, 2008, 03:17 PM   #7
Musketeer

oh, and you need to go read the COTUS and learn what the 1A does and does not apply to before making accusations about violating free speech.

Do not try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs. I have the COTUS and DOI saved on my iPhone for instant reference.

Old September 24, 2008, 03:19 PM   #8
IZinterrogator

Musketeer

Quote:
I have the COTUS and DOI saved on my iPhone for instant reference.
I keep a hard copy booklet in the sleeve pocket of my ACUs for the same reason.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old September 24, 2008, 03:21 PM   #9
Musketeer

Quote:
I keep a hard copy booklet in the sleeve pocket of my ACUs for the same reason.
I kept that little book on me for a long time also but the downloadable version for the iPhone is just too darn convenient and FREE!

Old September 24, 2008, 03:22 PM   #10
grymster2007

I bought a bunch of them for $1ea, from the CATO institute, years ago. Even Mrs. Grymster carries a copy.
Old September 24, 2008, 03:24 PM   #11
buzz_knox

Quote:
there isn't very much solid info that supports the view that somehow obama's campaign or ideals are at odds with our 2nd amendment rights... moreover, there is no evidence that he or mccain's stances are even any different.
Obama's own website called for bans on handguns, bans on the transfer of semi-autos, and bans on concealed carry. He pulled those after Palin was nominated and the RKBA became a real issue in this election.

Even Hillary Clinton said Obama was bad for the 2nd Amendment, which is about as damning an accusation as there ever was.

Go troll somewhere else.

If you want to see what Obama himself said about the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership, here you go:

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Bara...un_Control.htm
Old September 24, 2008, 03:36 PM   #12
Saab1911

Shooters for Obama are like Frat boys for Prohibition

[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]?
22lr: Ruger Mk III/45
Old September 24, 2008, 03:37 PM   #13
ChicagoTex

Not again!

*Places head in hands*
Old September 24, 2008, 03:38 PM   #14
Fremmer

Quote:
there isn't very much solid info that supports the view that somehow obama's campaign or ideals are at odds with our 2nd amendment rights... moreover, there is no evidence that he or mccain's stances are even any different.
Dude, you and your other Obama-rama-fans have already succeeded in getting L&P shut down by trolling the utter lies that are quoted above. So why continue? You've already effectively shut down a pro-gun political message board, where the members could discuss Obama's true hatred of guns and the Second Amendment. Shouldn't you be hitting other message boards that still allow members to counter the Obama spin?
Old September 24, 2008, 03:45 PM   #15
buzz_knox

Quote:
So why continue? You've already effectively shut down a pro-gun political message board, where the members could discuss Obama's true hatred of guns and the Second Amendment. Shouldn't you be hitting other message boards that still allow members to counter the Obama spin?
You answered your own question. The more boards they muck up, the fewer boards there are that will counter said muck.
Old September 24, 2008, 03:45 PM   #16
Recon7

Since we all know this one will get locked, I might as well hijack it.

Where can I go for good conservative conversation now that L&P is closed?
Old September 24, 2008, 03:46 PM   #17
Pahoo

Quote:
posting this because i'm just wondering how many are out there who are shooting enthusiasts,

Ah, I don't think so but will answer you anyway. My best buddy shoots more than you and I put together and he is an Obama supporter. However, I know he is biased because he wants piece in the family. Loves guns but hates the NRA because again, he is biased. I'm glad he's Democrat because basically he is a very good man and Democrats need good people before they can get better.
By the way, I'm a Moderate but I too am biased.

Be safe !!!
Old September 24, 2008, 03:49 PM   #18
Saab1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon7
It seemed to me that L&P had just as many Obama Kool-aid drinkers as Conservatives.
22lr: Ruger Mk III/45
Old September 24, 2008, 03:51 PM   #19
KChen986

Moderate with a slight left bias, but a shooter, althought not nearly as much as some other individuals on the forum. Eitherway, L&P is closed--too many inflammatory comments.
Old September 24, 2008, 03:51 PM   #20
Recon7

It did have a surprising amount of libs.
All the same, I was just wondering where I can go to discuss the issues that interest me.
Old September 24, 2008, 04:01 PM   #21
TwoXForr

And I thought L & P was closed. Obviously this young person (at least as far as posting is concerned) has not checked out L and P for a bit.

And just to Hijackt the Thread like Recon7 started.

Quote:
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream.
Old September 24, 2008, 04:13 PM   #22
Mal H
Staff

ckone I think you didn't look very hard for that evidence that seems to be missing to you.

Nonetheless, as several pointed out, L&P is temporarily(?) closed, and so is this thread.Also, this thread and the responses are a premier example of why L&P is closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
guns , obama