The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 13, 2012, 06:33 PM   #1
piratewoodie

Used Brass Suppliers

Gentlemen:

I would like to advise you not to procure used brass from a company called, "Mark The Brassman". The advertisement from his company states that brass is cleaned, polished and sorted. However, a recent order placed for 2000 units of 45 ACP and 9mm used brass was neither cleaned nor polished. In addition, the order was shipped minus 15 pieces of 45 ACP. In contacting Mark Sobczak in regard to the error, he stated that he shipped by weight. I informed him that he also shipped me used .22 LR rimfire cases, which are of no value to me. He refused to correct the initial order and would only state that he will give a credit for the missing brass. Maybe I am technical but when I order a count I fully expect to recieve the count that has been ordered, and not a shortage, much less a customer service response that it would cost him more to ship the missing pieces than correct the order placed. Please use caution when conducting business with this merchant. I for one will never use his services again.
Old August 13, 2012, 07:37 PM   #2
m&p45acp10+1

A real big question here for you. (Actualy two questions.)

First
How much did you pay for the brass?

Second

How long did you have to wait for it?

With most idividuals that sell prefired brass they sell by about, or aproximated numbers. 985 .45 ACP cases at a low price shipped is forgivable if the price was right. The .22 lr probably slipped though the sorter. Toss them into the trash can. If you paid more to have the brass pollished and it was not cleaned then OK complain. If you paid less than $50 per thousand +/- $10 you got what you paid for if they shipped it quickly. Oh and if it was flat rate they go by weight. There is a maximum weight that they can ship in those boxes so if it was 15 short be glad you got the ones you did at a fraction of what you would pay for new stuff.

Your post makes me think of the guy that makes a scene at the counter of buger joint when they forgot to put pickles on your buger then start causing a loud scene demanding that they give you two more meals for fee because they screwed up.

Now with that said. Go to a range, and pick up some brass. Some actualy sell it by weight. Though you will have to sort it. If it super dirty skip the tumbler, wash it. Put it on a towell to dry for a while. It will work just fine.

Here is my brass supplier. Cost is a yearly range membership, and giving the guys a few cold drinks on hot days.

Old August 13, 2012, 09:36 PM   #3
dacaur

Quote:
If you paid more to have the brass pollished and it was not cleaned then OK complain. If you paid less than $50 per thousand +/- $10 you got what you paid for if they shipped it quickly. Oh and if it was flat rate they go by weight. There is a maximum weight that they can ship in those boxes so if it was 15 short be glad you got the ones you did at a fraction of what you would pay for new stuff.
I disagree completly. If the brass was sold as "cleaned and polished brass" then regardless of the price, it should have been clean and shiny. Just because they are giving a good deal, doesnt mean its OK to send something other than what was advertised. If its that good a deal, he shoudlnt have to lie about it being cleaned and polished. As for the weight, if they sent the weight of 15 45ACP cases as .22LR cases, thats also not OK. Yea shipping by weight you might be plus or minus a few, but not 15 in a 2000 case order. Had the cases been cleaned and polished, the .22lr cases probabty wouldn't have slipped through the sorter.....

Quote:
Your post makes me think of the guy that makes a scene at the counter of burger joint when they forgot to put pickles on your burger then start causing a loud scene demanding that they give you two more meals for fee because they screwed up.
No, its like he ordered something advertised as a " 1/2 lb pickle burger", and he received a 1/4lb burger with no pickles, then when he went to the counter to ask them to make it right and they said "well thats too bad, the advertised weight includes the bun, lettuce, and condiments, and it would cost us more than the pickles are worth to have someone put them on now that you have the burger. Tell you what, we will put the missing pickles on your next burger"... At that point I think he could be forgiven for making a scene. When you get something thats so grossly misadvertised, the last thing you want to do is spend MORE money there....

I guess if the 1/2 lb pickle burger only cost $0.99 he should just shut his mouth and eat his 1/4 pound no-pickle burger? Honestly, it has "pickles" right in the advertisement (cleaned and polished) and he shoudldnt have to pay for fluf (15 cases missing, with the missing weight being taken up in .22lr cases)....
Old August 13, 2012, 11:10 PM   #4
nova609

I love pickles.
Old August 13, 2012, 11:51 PM   #5
warningshot

Are those American pickles or Chinese pickles?
Old August 14, 2012, 06:13 AM   #6
badblu97

lol you guys kill me. pickles.

Oh, and I agree with Dacaur, if its worth anything. its advertised a certain way, I expect it that way. And most of the places selling once fired brass that I have seen(not dealt with) have advertised extras thrown in for customer satisfaction/wrong/unusable brass.
Old August 14, 2012, 06:34 PM   #7
serf 'rett

I'd want the pickles - the FULL count of pickles if that's want the ad states. If the case are sold by weight, this should be stated in ad (was it? Or was the words approximate or about used in the ad?)
Old August 15, 2012, 04:35 PM   #8
m&p45acp10+1

Sorry if it appeared I was trying to flame the OP. I googled all I can find is this post. Also it looks like a drive-by posting. Op has not responded to any of the after post so we have no clue as to how it was advertised to be.

He stated that the person he dealt with on the phone said he would credit the 15 pieces towards any future orders. That sounds fair to me. If I had sold it I would have done the same thing.

Would you want to spend $2.50 to ship 50 cents worth of brass?
Old August 15, 2012, 06:25 PM   #9
dunerjeff

What if the pickles were replaced by onions?
Old August 15, 2012, 06:38 PM   #10
Stressfire

Quote:
I guess if the 1/2 lb pickle burger only cost $0.99 he should just shut his mouth and eat his 1/4 pound no-pickle burger?
Why not? McDonalds did it with their $1 burger, it used to have 2 pieces of cheese - now you just get 1, but people still buy 'em

Enough about burgers, though

The missing 15 I wouldn't care about too terribly much, however I might be a little ticked about getting dirty brass when I had purchased clean unless i got them for a ridiculously good price
Old August 15, 2012, 07:17 PM   #11
sigcurious

If the OP return's I am curious if he is referring to Brassman Brass.
Old August 15, 2012, 08:06 PM   #12
dunerjeff

I've bought quite a few batches from Brassman out of Las Vegas. He was always good at over count by quite a few. I never ordered any cleaned and polished, but the normal stuff was good. It's been a year and a half though.
Old August 15, 2012, 08:51 PM   #13
buck460XVR

If one is not in a hurry, "First class Bullets and Brass" has .45ACP for $20 a thousand cheaper(including shipping) than " Brassman Brass" and it's cleaned and polished nicely. Don't order it today tho and expect it here next week. Maybe by Valentine's Day if you're lucky.
Old August 15, 2012, 09:18 PM   #14
dacaur

Quote:
Why not? McDonalds did it with their $1 burger, it used to have 2 pieces of cheese - now you just get 1, but people still buy 'em
Actually they didnt. They DID take the double cheesburger off the dollar menu, and added the mcdouble, which does only have one piece of cheese. But the double cheesburger is still avalable for $1.29. I guess I am weird in that I always get the double cheesburger for the extra piece of cheese... I tried the mcdouble and its no good....

As for the 15 pieces of brass well, its called customer service. You can save the $2.50 in shipping and lose the customer plus those he tells about the poor service, or you can eat it, still make a profit, plus the profits from future orders and those he tells about the great customer service....
Old August 16, 2012, 02:41 AM   #15
warningshot

I will state right here....I'll beat anyones' Out-Of-Price by 80% with my own Out-Of-Stock price.
Old August 16, 2012, 10:15 AM   #16
snuffy

Drive by posting indeed!

But since this has come up, I'll put this up for consideration. From amazon of all places!

http://www.amazon.com/Luger-Reloadin...ords=9mm-brass

Now, I haven't bought once fired brass for a long time, so I don't know if it's a good deal or not. BUT this stuff came quickly and is as advertised. Clean but not polished. I DID find a few WCC cases that HAVE primer pocket crimps, I'm sorting them out the be decrimped.

My son and I decided to make a big mess of 9mm ammo, so he bought 1k, and I bought 10 pounds from the same guy. We ended up with over 2K of good 9mm brass.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Tags
brass suppliers , pistol brass , reloading brass , rifle brass , used brass