The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old August 8, 2011, 09:31 AM   #26
chadstrickland

Lol I didn't know that. I don't think I would ever go and buy a gun just to kill someone with it when I already own several that are up to the task...well on second thought, people normally throw away there guns after the shooting, so I need to go tell the owner at a local gun store if I ever come in there and demand a" high point" for them to not give it to me
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old August 10, 2011, 09:49 PM   #27
C0untZer0

I didn't know this until today but the receiving FFL in Illinois can call in the paperwork and start the waiting period before he or she recieves the firearm.

So part of the waiting period or even all of it can transpire while an out-of-state purchased firarm is in transit.
Old August 11, 2011, 09:12 PM   #28
chadstrickland

Lol that is awesome for you bud...but at the same time doesn't that defeat the purpose of that law to begin with?
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old August 11, 2011, 10:33 PM   #29
sigcurious

The law is designed that someone can't just go to a store and walk out with a gun the same day. A person can't have a gun immediately if it has to be shipped.
Old August 28, 2011, 11:49 PM   #30
jlmtuning

I use a local shop in south elgin that charges $20 a transfer and usually beats gats, cabellas and the gundoctors prices. I just picked up a saiga 12 converted by them and a sig elite and saved $200 from what gats wanted. Www.semperfisupply.com the owner jeremiah provides awesome service
Old August 29, 2011, 02:08 AM   #31
C0untZer0

I was in Cabela's the other day and some guy used them for an FFL transfer. I didn't hear the whole dispute, but I guess there was a miscommunication over the phone or something and the guy thought he was only going to pay $20.00 to pick the gun up - but Cabella's charges like $70.00 or something for a transfer. Man this guy was LIVID !

I called there to inquire about a transfer and no one ever got back to me. I can beleive that there was a communication mixup.

This is the bad thing about buying from out-of-state. At that point - you've already parted with the cash - what choice did that guy have really? Ship it back and re-ship it to some other FFL dealer? He had to pay Cabella's to get his gun - that's just the way it is.
Old September 2, 2011, 01:03 PM   #32
output

I use an FFL that is located in Bolingbrook, IL. He is retired Bolingbrook PD and a real pleasure to deal with. He is the only FFL that I will ever use again for a transfer as long as I live in IL. His fee is $20.00 and an addition $5.00 for a second (of the same kind i.e. handgun) if delivered within the same month. He is very knowledgeable and helpful as well. If you would like his contact information just PM me.

Best of luck!
Old September 2, 2011, 08:28 PM   #33
spanishjames

Quote:
I didn't know this until today but the receiving FFL in Illinois can call in the paperwork and start the waiting period before he or she recieves the firearm.

So part of the waiting period or even all of it can transpire while an out-of-state purchased firarm is in transit.
That's cool because then it doesn't feel like you waited, other than for the shipment to come in. The last time I got something transferred from Bud's, the FFL said the 72 hours start when I fill out the paperwork. The best thing to do is go to the FFL and fill out the paperwork as soon as you order, then the shipping time counts towards the 72 hours.

Last edited by spanishjames; September 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM.