The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 20, 2012, 12:15 AM   #1
4T4MAG

NEW BUILDS

I am going to start a new 22-250 AI. Any recommendations for actions? McMillan, A-Bolt, BAT Machine? I will be using a Shilen Stainless Select Match bbl and make my own stock.

If I can keep the cost down and not have to drop 1500 on the action I may be able to build a second rifle.
Old February 20, 2012, 05:56 PM   #2
hhunter318

If you have a donor Remington 700 with a standard bolt face, it would be cheaper to get that action blueprinted than to go with a custom action. Unless you're dead set on a custom action that is what I would do. I wouldn't hesitate putting my blueprinted Rem700 actions up against my custom actions. However if you do want a custom action, take a look at a Lawton. I have grown fond of them. Better yet, check out the custom actions page at 6mmbr.com.

Best of luck on your build.
Old February 21, 2012, 10:44 PM   #3
mapsjanhere

I was really happy with the Defiance action I got a couple years ago, at the time they were competitively priced with a blue printed Rem 700.