The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 13, 2016, 02:39 PM   #1
bspillman

Ithaca 37 replacement stock question

I found a stock for an Ithaca 37 mine is an older featherlight model. The ad says will need fitting. What does that consist of doing can anyone tell me. I've put the add here for you to read. Thanks in advance.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Produ...alnut-finished
Old May 13, 2016, 03:40 PM   #2
FITASC

That means you will not be able to simply slap it on and have it fit properly. Some woodworking will be involved to get it to fit correctly. If it isn't fitted properly, it could crack from recoil.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old May 13, 2016, 04:24 PM   #3
jaguarxk120

Why not order a new stock from Ithaca. Call Zak in service he will make sure you will get the proper stock for your gun. The best way is to send in your gun and have the factory fit the new stock for you.

I have taken a gun to the factory and they fitted a stock while I waited.
Old May 14, 2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Pahoo

There always help !!!

Quote:
Call Zak in service he will make sure you will get the proper stock for your gun.
Obviously, this is a great idea.......

As for Boyd, I had a stock that presented the same problem. I was able to talk to a tech. at Boyds and he was more that willing to provide assistance. When I received the stock, it fit like a glove. ....

Be Safe !!!