The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 18, 2000, 09:36 PM   #1
FPrice

Two of the magazines I got with my Browning 9mm HP will not lock the slide back reliably. I took them apart tonight and discovered the problem. The magazine follower seems to bind against the inside rear of the magazine, keeping the follower from rising high enough to engage the slide lock, and causing the front of the follower to rotate upwards.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you have any suggestions for solutions?

Thanks.

Frosty
Old October 18, 2000, 11:49 PM   #2
manny1

First try a different mag if possible. Then check the follower for burrs, molding marks, defects, ect. Then take some very fine wet sandpaper & start on where your binding problem is on the follower (there might be rub marks where your problem area is). Do a little at a time until the follower ride is to your liking & locks the slide. Hope this info helps & good luck.
Old October 19, 2000, 07:23 AM   #3
FPrice

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by manny1:
First try a different mag if possible. Then check the follower for burrs, molding marks, defects, ect. Then take some very fine wet sandpaper & start on where your binding problem is on the follower (there might be rub marks where your problem area is). Do a little at a time until the follower ride is to your liking & locks the slide. Hope this info helps & good luck.[/quote]

Manny,

I forgot to mention that I had compared it to a Canadian HP magazine (from Tom Forrest,Inc. - very good quality). I kinda figured that what you posted would be the way to go, but I wanted to check first.

Thanks for the info!

Frosty