The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 28, 2002, 10:29 AM   #1
Double Naught Spy

ASPI Tactical out of business?

Is ASPI out of business? I ordered from them at the beginning of the month and the order did not arrive. So, I tried emailing them regarding the status of the order. No reply. Now, when I try their web site, it comes up 404. Any ideas?
Old March 28, 2002, 10:30 PM   #2
psssniper

they are always at the local gun shows here i will look for them next time out and let you know
paul
Old March 31, 2002, 01:45 PM   #3
RELODE

Web site is still there

Do you have these phone #'s
Questions 818-347-1926
orders 877-375-0405
hope this helps,
great prices, great products,RELODE
Old March 31, 2002, 03:12 PM   #4
imfletcher_1

I was on their website a day or two ago.
Old March 31, 2002, 03:51 PM   #5
Double Naught Spy

Thanks for the feedback. I see the web site is now up. I have now emailed ASPI three times this week to two different email addresses. I will try calling tomorrow (1 April, go figure). So from my perspective at this time, they apparently are not out of business, just unresponsive. Funny thing. I tried ASPI because Botach Tactical could not deliver the desired product and didn't tell me.
Old March 31, 2002, 04:07 PM   #6
switch625

i've had trouble with them as well. they are spotty.
Old June 25, 2002, 10:37 PM   #7
Mark G

BTT

Does anybody know the current status of ASPI. I placed a order over the website just over 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing. The "check order status" screen shows the order placed but nothing else. They haven't responded to emil or picked up the phone.

Who else has a decent vest like the ASPI "Tactical" vest??

Thanks
Mark
Old July 23, 2004, 07:02 PM   #8
Bravo 1-1

aspi tactical vest

I placed an order with aspi for a tactical assault vest 10 days ago and the order has not yet been shipped. Their website is not working and they will not answer the phone. Very disappointed with their service. p.s. Clearview investments has the SAME vest for the SAME price and you also get a free pistol belt. Thanks Bravo 1-1.
Old December 13, 2004, 11:16 AM   #9
airsoftelpaso

It's December, and I am having the same problems as everyone else. I placed an order on 12/6, it is the 13th. No update on shipping of the product, the order update doesn't work on the site, and the site was down all weekend.

I sent multiple emails, but haven't gotten a reply either.

On Monday (12/13) I tried to call, but all of the phone numbers are disconnected.

I do not recommend buying from ASPI Tactical no matter what. I have disputed the charges on my credit card for my purchase from them.

Steve

Airsoft El Paso
Old April 6, 2005, 08:34 AM   #10
JC907

Has anyone ever received their stuff from ASPI Tactical?

I guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else here as I placed an order with them over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing since despite numerous e-mails and messages.

They sure were quick about charging my card within a week.

Can someone let me know how long it took to get their order (if they ever got it) so I know what I'm dealing with here?
Old April 13, 2005, 11:50 AM   #11
tyme
Staff

Quote:
Can someone let me know how long it took to get their order (if they ever got it) so I know what I'm dealing with here?
You're either dealing with a scam or the second worst customer service dept in existence (next to the U.S. government, of course). There are numerous threads at various places about ASPI tactical.
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=295208
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=109&t=254519
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old April 24, 2005, 01:14 AM   #12
Johnray

A.S.P.I. Tactical

I have ordered from ASPI Tactical and I have not received my order or anything from ASPI Tacical. I have sent them 7 or 8 emails and none of them have been responed to. John Ray Does anyone know where I can buy ponchos that are of at least Military quality and at least 64"x90" or bigger and liners for them? John Ray

Last edited by Johnray; April 24, 2005 at 09:28 PM. Reason: More Information
Old April 27, 2005, 06:48 PM   #13
mordock999

Avoid ASPI like the Plague!!

Add me to the growing list of UNhappy ASPI customers! I ordered a Delta Cheekpiece for my AR-15 from these guys back on Feb. 13th., 2005. Like the other unfortunate buyers, they quickly charged my credit card and sent me an e-mail confirming my order. Its now April 27th., 2005, and NO item has been sent! And, you guessed it; NO response to REPEATED e-mails and phone calls!!

AVOID these Jokers like the Plague!!

Mord
Old May 1, 2005, 03:19 AM   #14
davester

Add me to the list....

STAY AWAY FROM ASPITACTICAL

Ordered an Insight M6, it turned up.
Ordered an Insight M6X, it turned up, was damaged, sent it back.
Got e-mail Dec 13 2004 saying replacement on it's way.
Now 1st May 2005, no M6X!!!
Does not answer phone, does not reply to e-mails.
AU$700.00 down the drain!

Stay away from these pack of bastards!!!
Hello Mark Garcia, you really are a gutless thieving ****bag
I hope your son's dog dies.

If anyone can help me find this scum, let me know!!
I am not familiar with US law. What do I do (if anything) to reclaim my $$$.
Too late for credit card company to do anything.
Any help appreciated.
Old May 5, 2005, 09:09 PM   #15
ssilicon

ASPI Tactical unresponsive so far

Unfortunately, I didn't find this forum until after I placed an order. Anyway, I placed an order on 21-APR-2005. To date, I have not had ANY successful communication with/from ASPI Tactical.

I have not emailed them yet, largely because I've seen no one here has gotten responses. Instead, I decided to jump right to the telephone. I called the number provided on the web site contacct info. Result: An answering machine/service with a greeting stating that all attendants are currently busy assisting other customers etc. You are instructed to leave a message so that they may call you back concerning your issue. It is at that point that the system announced that the voicemailbox was full and to try another time.

My card has not yet been charged. I hope that it never is, because it looks like I have little choice but to find alternate suppliers for the merchandise I want. It bothers me that I am not even able to cancel my order.

By the way, their web site, www.aspitactical.com seems to be down as of trying a few minutes ago.

Due to the problems dealing with this outfit, I worry that my CC # may not be in the best of hands now, though I dont't yet have any specific reason to suspect a problem in that regard.

All in all a worrisome experience thus far. Hoping it doesn't become an ugly one.
Old May 11, 2005, 08:19 PM   #16
MessedUpMike

This is my first post since TFL came back up......

Almost everything that Aspi Tactical carried (carries?) you can find at Major Surplus and Survival and at a better price.
http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com
They're sort of a high end Cheaper Than Dirt and for those of you with deeper pockets they also sell to dealers. Catalog shipments are slow though. I sent in a request for a catalog and a dealer application and they told me it was a 4-6 week wait for the catalog

Good luck

The second amendment protects all of the others.
Old June 8, 2005, 11:17 PM   #17
asspie

a leopard does not changes its spots

aspi tactical aka mark garcia is back on the web for another round of ripoffs
his new website is : http://www.geeinc.com/default.aspx

consider yourselves warned
Old June 17, 2005, 10:08 PM   #18
geeinc

Wrong!!!

I just received a call from someone looking for Mark Garcia and he told me about this post. WRONG! Mark does not work for this company. My name is Glen Shaw and I am the owner of GEEInc. I did do web design for him but this is not his company. GEEInc has nothing at all to do with Mark. You can check with Los Angeles County Registrar and see the truth. The only way that I can think that Mark could have been accidentally associated with my company is by his old shipping clerk Jose who has gone to some gun shows with him lately and might have recommended GEEInc as a place to make some tactical gear purchases. I did tell Jose that he could make a commission on referrals.

Again, Mark has nothing to do with GEEInc so please do not make such horrible slanderous remarks about my company.

You now stand corrected,
Glen Shaw - President - GEEInc

If you need to speak with me directly for further clarification, please call 818-602-4028
Old June 19, 2005, 11:05 PM   #19
asspie

I find it strange that you sell exactly the same products that aspitactical was selling prior to it going out of business , as well as
the same products mark garcia and jose were selling at the 4 tables he set up at the last costa mesa gunshow .
you claim to be his "former" webmaster and you say that jose is his "former" shipping clerk . is this the same "former" shipping
clerk that still works his tables with him at gunshows. considering the fact that mark garcia is a known liar and a known ripoff
i have to ask is glen just another alias of mark garcia . as well as the url to your website "aspx" a little too close to aspi if you ask me.
Old June 21, 2005, 10:39 AM   #20
geeinc

Goodness Gracious

Look. While working at ASPI, I set up and designed the website. This means that I know what vendors Mark was using and on top of that, there aren't that many Tactical vendors out there selling these products. One of his vendors and my main vendor sells the majority of what is on the GEEInc site with the excepction of the Airsoft products which is the primary focus of GEEInc anyway. I picked up that vendor because they came to me first off and because of thier large selection of products. As customers request certain products, I will pick up new vendors as well and they will probably be the same ones Mark used. When I left ASPI, there were just under 2000 products on the site and GEEInc has over 5000. If you can't see the reason for the same products, all I can say is that is sad. 1 + 1 = 2.
Old June 21, 2005, 03:47 PM   #21
geeinc

Stop it Asspie

Do you you need to do to find out the truth about GEEInc and stop your slander. If you want to show your feelings for ASPI, then stand in front of their booth at a gun show with a picket sign.

Old June 22, 2005, 12:48 AM   #22
geeinc

If U R having A problem

If you are having problems with Mark Garcia, have your attorney contact him at: 23383 Bassett St., West Hills, CA 91307 and be careful about your slander or you will be tracked down and contacted by our attorney.
Old June 23, 2005, 04:34 PM   #23
geeinc

The Firing Line Response

In trying to get these slanderous remarks removed from this site, I received this message from The Firing Line:

Garcia is under investigation by several agencies and we've been served with a Request to Preserve all threads by one of those.

I'm sorry if your association with him is causing you some headaches. There is really nothing I can do about that.
Rich

So if anyone reads the thread saying ASPI is associated with GEEInc, disregard it as I will. I understand that Mark needs to be stopped and I will respect and support any action in stopping Mark and ASPI from harming anyone else.

Old July 15, 2005, 02:08 AM   #24
JOSER

not me!!!!

Hello all,
this is Jose.....
the reason i still do shows with mark garcia is he still owes me money !!!!!!
(just like the rest of you)
and the best way to get it is by being right there when he gets....
and just for the record i only worked for him.....
and like geeinc. im now paying the price................

jose