The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 7, 2005, 10:02 AM   #1
Steve499

Euroarms quality

I am interested in a ML rifle, the only two producers of the model I want being Euroarms and Parker-Hale.The quality of Parker-Hale isn't an issue but the Parker-Hale model costs about $400.00 more than the Euroarms model. Is the quality of Parker-Hale that much better than Euroarms or do the Parker-Hales just cost more because of their continuation of the original Enfield? I know some of the Italian reproductions have poorly hardened parts, etc., but I've no idea where Euroarms fits into the scale as far as quality goes.

Anyone on here have a Dixie (Euroarms) Whitworth? If so, tell me about it.
Old February 12, 2005, 10:54 PM   #2
oconnell

euroarms are fine there of better quality than the originals as hard is that is to beleve the originals were made of low grade steel or actually iron the euroarms rifle are made of modern steel much stronger and safer the parker hale gun are made buy the same company to the original gages thats the only real differance other than price parts are readily available for the Euroarms gun and the shoot very well indeed and are definately of good military standards for service