The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old November 11, 2005, 03:21 PM   #26
David Armstrong

Quote:
His comment on why he does that was something like- to remember what combat was like.
Which is rather interesting, as the self-proclaimed and annointed warrior has never been in combat, or even in the military service for that matter.
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2006, 10:43 PM   #27
WC15

I'll be danged I should have spotted this earlier.

My thoughts on this matter is if you have not trained with Gabe Suarez you have no valid comments. I have trained with him and have read his books and find all of them to be very applicable. I have out shot military, police, swat officers, and various civilians using his tactics so they work.

I have been down range from gun fire and it woke me up fast. People have to know what they are fighing for and what to expect when they do get in a gun fight. I have grown tired of publications such as yours that rip on training that you have never been to.

I trained with Gabe 3 years ago and everyone was safe. I cant say the same for other places with big names who have had several shooting over the years. Everyone who went to the class had a great time and learned how to run their weapons fast and accurate. There were 18 cops and 3 civilians and on a side note the civilians out shot and out preformed the LEO's.

I have not read the article and at this rate I never will. I do have some other thoughts on this matter.

"Don-
I tried but just can't do it.
Could you please edit your question to include grammatical breaks and paragraphs? You know, like you see in books or newspapers. Even like in the US SOF Op Manuals would be great.

Not a criticism, per se, but your post is just a very long run-on for me.
Thanks much-
Rich"

This is a Chicken [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] statement to point out a mans grammatical breaks. They have nothing to do with his questions and they drip with scarcasim and distain, for a guy who has fought for your ability to publish your drivle of a magazine. I used to buy the magazine, but from this day forward I will no longer waste money on your publication. You treat people this way and expect there to be no reprocutions, you are wrong.

If you'd have posted this way and in this tone to me I would have reamed you a new ******* for your arrogant behavior. If you ban me for this great. But your cowardace behavior is reflected in you magazine articles, ads, and in your selection of what to post. I have no further intrest in your publication and will continue to train with Men and leave the speculation to your Kool-Aid drinking magazine.

WC15

USMC 0311UV
USA 19D
WC15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2006, 07:15 AM   #28
Rich Lucibella
Staff

From the Forum Rules:
Quote:
4) Mangling of the English language whether thru ignorance, age, sloth or intent diminishes and embarrasses each of us. Posts which are indecipherable due to inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation. Recidivists will be removed.
Being a Vet does not earn one a pass on basic grammar.

BTW-
Are you aware you're responding to a post that is more than a year old?
Rich
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2006, 04:33 PM   #29
DonR101395

WC thanks for "sticking up" for me. I didn't see it as a big issue a year ago and don't see it as an issue today. I've had more than one heated discussion here over the past year with Rich and a few others. I figure if someone is grading my grammer, then they have a pretty weak case for the real argument and press on as such. I don't hold any malice against anyone here for expressing their opinion, hell it's not an opinion, but fact that my grammer is lacking.

Thanks All,
Can we close this one now?
Don
DonR101395 is offline   Reply With Quote