The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 11, 2001, 06:31 AM   #1
Rob01

I writing to ask if the Browning BPCR has always come with a Badger barrel since they were made and also how long have they been made? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking about buying an older one and would like to know if the barrel is a Badger or not. Thanks.
Old February 11, 2001, 07:38 PM   #2
Old Jules

Browning BPCR

Rob,
The Browning BPCR has been made for about 4 years I believe. As far as I know they all have Badger barrels. The Trditional Hunter has a Japanese made barrel (Miroku). It is my understanding that Browning has discontinued the BPCR so if you want one you should act fast. They are great shooting guns and the best buy for the money out there. It comes with very good sights as well.

"Old Jules"
Old February 11, 2001, 07:56 PM   #3
Rob01

Thanks Jules. I just wanted to be sure they didn't change to Badgers later down the line. Something else I noticed is that the bore isn't shiney silver like some of my other rifles. It appears to be almost blued. The rifle hasn't been fired much so i don't think it's something the owner did. Is yours like that? My repro Sharps is like that but I saw on Badger's site that they lap their barrels to a mirror finish. Do you think Browning does this when they finish their rifles? Thanks
Old February 12, 2001, 04:53 PM   #4
Old Jules

Browning BPCR

Rob,
My BPCR looks the same way. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Mine shoots very well. Badger lapps and cryos' the barrel at the factory so maybe that has something to do with it. If you call Ernie Stallman at Badger (262-857-6950) I'm sure he would be happy to tell you all about his barrels.

Old Jules