The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 27, 2006, 12:11 PM   #1
Hello123

Stoeger Uplander

Any of you had problems with this gun having difficulty in opening? I received the gun and was impressed with the fit, finish, and overall quality. I shot around 125 round very quickly in trap doubles. The gun subsequently would not open. After letting it cool for hours it still failed to open. I eventually took the stock off and freed the action. I think the problem is that the extractor is made of an inferior metal and that it bent due to the heat. I called Benelli customer service and they immediately sent a new extractor and told me to send the gun if that did not fix the problem. They stated this is not a common problem. Any experience with these guns?
Old July 27, 2006, 01:26 PM   #2
Scorch

I doubt it failed due to the heat. If it had, the steel of the barrels would have been smoking red hot. Either wasn't heat treated properly or not lubed at the factory, my guess. Either way, good you got the action opened, but too bad you had to do it the hard way.