The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 16, 2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Crosshair

Convert a Ruger P91 DAO to a P91 decocker?

Short and simple question. Is it possible and what does it take to convert a Ruger P91 double action only pistol into a decocker model. Looking at the parts diagrams it looks like it should be a matter of replacing some of the trigger parts, but I want ti make sure before I go through the effort of figuring things out further than that.

I have found a P91 DAO for a very good price. I'm going to be buying it regardless . I just want to know if I can convert it into a decocker later.

/Thanks
Old November 16, 2012, 08:48 PM   #2
lee n. field

Rugerforum would be a good place to ask.

My gut feeling is, you're going to need a new slide in addition to whatever else you need. Pics I see of the DAO show no hole for the safety lever.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old November 17, 2012, 10:04 AM   #3
SW40F

Another data point would be to call Ruger and ask them. They may not be the least expensive option, but they could be considered an authority as to what needs to be done.