The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 3, 2015, 12:24 AM   #26
Limnophile

44 AMP,

What nefarious job do you have that has you handling plutonium nitrate?

lee,

I think Springfield should label all parts of its guns.

If Slim wants to gift me a blue and matte TC Contender I'd shoot it with pride. I like its looks. I also wouldn't turn down a CZ Parrot, but I don't have the skill to make it perform like it should.

I understand Taurus quit making the View because the clear elements quickly obscured with burnt powder residue. I'm surprised test firing the prototype didn't demonstrate that flaw.
Old May 3, 2015, 07:18 PM   #27
Beagle45ACP

Not as bad as the Hi-Point, but still tacky as all Hell.
Actually my LGS had one of these in 3-4 months ago...... and it almost came home with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg American-Flag-Revolver.jpg (29.7 KB, 67 views)

Wastin' away my future children's inheritance one box of ammo, range fee, and bottle of Hoppe's #9 at a time.
Old May 3, 2015, 07:22 PM   #28
skizzums

grip zone.....now that is pretty funny. something you would see on a loud pair of Nike's or sketchers.....

I have seen many hi-points with the 100$ bills graphics all over them. they sat in the case for a couple years
Old May 3, 2015, 07:26 PM   #29
lee n. field

Quote:
Actually my LGS had one of these in 3-4 months ago...... and it almost came home with me.
Owwh. Did Charter do that on purpose?
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old May 3, 2015, 08:54 PM   #30
imp

Limnophile,
Did you spend more in the paint than the gun? Kinda reminds me of the guys that spend 3k on chrome spinners for a '85 Chevy Lumina.
Old May 4, 2015, 03:07 AM   #31
Limnophile

Quote:
At least all the stars are in the right place. The biggest problem with that revolver is one would have to brandish it at every opportunity to show it off.

Quote:
Limnophile,
Did you spend more in the paint than the gun? Kinda reminds me of the guys that spend 3k on chrome spinners for a '85 Chevy Lumina.
I don't own a Hi-Point, but your point seems valid -- the refinishing undoubtedly cost more than the gun.

I don't have a tacky gun, although I've considered putting red rubber grips on my CZ 75 Compact.
Old May 5, 2015, 11:39 AM   #32
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
44 AMP,

What nefarious job do you have that has you handling plutonium nitrate?
Certified Fissile Material Handler (among other things), retired. 31+ years "hands on" experience.

While other than being an assault on my sense of good taste, I have no personal objection to you making your gun as tacky as you wish.

However, I am now wondering if something like that might not be a good idea in a gun that may be used defensively.

Guns with skulls, black widows, "kill em all" slogans, and even guns with "dangerous" sounding names have been ridiculed in court by prosecutors, as reflections on the owner's character and judgment.

So a tacky-cool gun might make you seem to be someone you aren't, in the minds of a jury. Remember that while a witness giving testimony is under oath, the prosecutor is not.
Old May 12, 2015, 04:32 PM   #33
publius

Understated elegance of a zombie themed Hi-Point. That color isn't just horrible comparatively, I guess, but your statement on one of these things is hilarious.
Old May 12, 2015, 05:07 PM   #34
WVsig

Old May 17, 2015, 08:31 PM   #35
Slimjim9

Ran across some major tackiness here
My favorite of the lot:
Old May 18, 2015, 09:56 AM   #36
44 AMP
Staff

while not my personal style, I actually find the ruger more tasteful than the Hi Power covered in multi color vomit.
Old May 18, 2015, 10:47 AM   #37
lee n. field

Nothing a little cerakote won't fix.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "