The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 5, 2004, 10:34 PM   #1
jerryp

Tac light for 870

I've pretty much decided on getting an M3 for my 870 HD (extended tube) shotgun so I can share it with my Glock 19.

The question for those who know is which adapter for the M3 should I get for the HD 870?

There is one that is for Rem shotguns and another that suggests that it is for extended tube magazines. I am assuming that the standard Rem adapter will cause the M3 to hang out too far in front of the gun while the extended tube one could be placed in a miore convenient location farher back on the tube.

Here's the two links to the different options:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/stre...i_m_mount.html
http://www.impactguns.com/store/stre...rem_mount.html

Also, can anyone share their experinces with the remote switches for long guns? Is this necessary for the M3 on a shotgun?

Of course I'm also open to suggestions if someone can recommend a better setup for a reliable tac light. My basic requirements are 1) around $100, 2) will transfer between the 870 and G19 without much effort, 3) 'real' tac light (no duct tape and flashlight jobs

Thanks!
Jerry
Old December 11, 2004, 08:33 AM   #2
smince

Surefire makes a replacement pump with 3 Picitinney rails for the 870, around $120. It's the way to go in my opinion. I've had barrel mounted lights, with curly cords, and they tend to hang up on things at the wrong time. I'm getting a Surefire soon as I can. You should be able to swap out lights easily, but I would buy a separate light as soon as I could. You might not always have time to swap.