The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old August 3, 2014, 04:09 PM   #26
willr

Used to like Berry's -- but they stopped making the 90 gr 32 plated. Closest I can get is the 100 gr Rainier plated -- when I can find them! It is a real
problem to find plated bullets for the .327 Mag!

willr
Old August 4, 2014, 05:03 PM   #27
Super Sneaky Steve

Willr, I've had success with powder coated cast bullets.

You can bake them in a toaster oven. If you're interested I can give you more info on how it's done.
Old August 11, 2014, 07:08 PM   #28
sawdustdad

I've started using Xtreme brand copper plated bullets in my 9mm reloads, after several hundred rounds, no problems whatsoever.
Old August 11, 2014, 07:31 PM   #29
RX-79G

I reload heavy plated 9mm. The perfect practice round.

I buy Federal 100 round FMJ boxes at Walmart for $23. $14 for 50 is what the range charges for factory FMJ.

That price for plated reloads is terrible.
Old August 12, 2014, 05:07 AM   #30
Brotherbadger

Quote:
Remanufactured ammunition, on the other hand -- there are some "brand name" companies that offer reloads, and I have used those. The ammo comes out of a factory that has some quality control, and the only real difference is that it's once-fired brass with mixed headstamps. I can't bring myself to risk any of the baggies of "remanufactured" ammo at gun shows, that "sumguy" loaded up in his garage the week before the show.
Same. Some guys i hunt with used to buy reloads from a guy they knew. I refused to shoot them(for safety reasons). They would make fun of me right up until one of the guys blew up his upper(luckily no one was hurt, other than their pride). I refuse to shoot anybody else's reloads, nor will i allow anybody else to shoot mine. That was one of the first rules i was taught when i started reloading. You have no clue how that ammo was loaded. Don't take the risk.

http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " badger "