The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 28, 2014, 03:47 PM   #51
ragwd

I lived with a wonderful woman, took her shooting. After about 10 visits to the range she took a real liking to my sig. She asked if she might keep it in her bed stand. I agree with two conditions, first was when she kicks me to the curb my Sig comes with me and second she couldnt ever shoot me with my own gun.
Old May 28, 2014, 07:01 PM   #52
ZVP

No loss, but a gain of a real shooting buddy!
ZVP
Old May 28, 2014, 07:40 PM   #53
tomrkba

I wish!
Old May 29, 2014, 02:26 PM   #54
bigarm

As a matter of fact, yes. My first 1911 I bought 30+ years ago was a Gold Cup. I eventually put some very nice stag grips on it. Then I hear my wife telling him how much she likes those stag grips on HER Gold Cup! Okay, I lived with that. By then I had other 1911's. Now flash ahead some years and we begin to do USPSA matches. The next thing I know is my Colt 9mm 1911 is now her gun and her match gun. Ok, I can live with that. She is competing in matches with me. No big deal and it's nice to compete together. Well, now she decides she likes my Les Baer and needs it for the matches! Oh well, she let me buy a nice Brazos STI High Performance Edge, so I can live with that. I do have to wonder how long before my STI is hers though.
Old May 29, 2014, 03:53 PM   #55
Dirty_Harry

Honestly, I would love it if my wife stole one of my guns. I can always get another and it means she enjoys shooting. Which is a goal of mime.

Hopefully its not the P30 though.....not a cheap one to get another of.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." -John Wayne
Old May 29, 2014, 05:55 PM   #56
snapshot762

My Ruger SR22 became her birthday present earlier this month!
Old May 29, 2014, 06:44 PM   #57
spacemanspiff

Not yet. Still getting my wife familiar and accustomed to shooting. Shes come a long way, from being too nervous to shoot, now she gets excited about going to the range with me and I dont even have to load magazines for her.
She has taken a liking to the Ruger MK2 I got last month though. Shes a long ways from enjoying to shoot the 1911, and is mildly curious about the Sig 228. Thankfully neither really fit her small hands comfortably. We already figured out the one that she does like the feel of is a Browning Hipower.
Old June 4, 2014, 06:25 AM   #58
rcp1936

21 years ago I bought a S&W model 10 4"
Wife and I took shooting lessons from the NRA type at the LGS
We both bought 65-5 357 Lady Smiths for ourselves
She still really liked the Model 10 so I transferred it to her and bought myself a GP100 4"
She liked shooting that also-full power 357s --She was 57 and 120 lbs

BUT she didn't get the GP 100
Old June 4, 2014, 11:07 AM   #59
biohazard313

she hasnt taken any of my guns. however anytime i go to buy one she has to go so we can get her one too. out last purchase was his and hers sig P250's she got the sub compact. i got the full size. previously we got m&P 40C/9C. she hates the .40 S&W as it kicks like a mule she says. understandable. when i went to build my AR, she ended up getting one. when my AR got hydrodipped in realtree. hers had to be dipped in pink realtree. ive now gotten used to whatever i buy i have to get 2 lol
Old June 4, 2014, 11:40 AM   #60
coldbeer

My wife's afraid of guns. She isn't antigun she's just afraid of them. I've tried to get her to shoot but she doesn't want to so I don't push it. That's ok though because it means more guns for me. The one time she tried to shoot a gun she closed her eyes and winced before pulling the trigger. I told her to stop, took the gun away and bought her some pepper spray the next day.
Old June 4, 2014, 10:42 PM   #61
BurgerBoy

My daughter takes them away from me.
Self Defense Stories
Old June 5, 2014, 09:10 PM   #62
surveyor

This thread kind of goes hand in hand with the one asking if folks had any doubles of things..

I don't mind any that I lost to her so far.. some are doubles so we can shoot the same things.

She has good taste..and it is always fun at the range..I get a smile when she outshoots me..
I am glad it is something we can share together.

I only had to tell her no on one of them..
But after a double, some smith work and a 22 conversion all is well...lol

Last edited by surveyor; June 5, 2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old June 7, 2014, 05:16 AM   #63
shaunpain

I bought my girlfriend her own single action 9mm so she has something to play with, but she has my only other key to my cabinet so the guns are just as much hers as they are mine anyway. I look at it that anything we own is not mine or hers, but ours. She loves the guns and shooting and that pleases me greatly. She can requisition any of them at any time and that's fine with me.
Old June 9, 2014, 07:11 PM   #64
captneil19

wife taking pistol

Back in the day when I was working le my now wife was my girlfriend.I was shooting in the back yard an she came out there.She asked if she could try,i said well ok,i was shooting a ruger 7.5 stainless .357 supervel reversed wad cutters.That was my service relover an what everybody was carrying an shooting.Ha she asked if I hit the target could I have the gun,i told her yeah, but you have to put three in the head and three in the chest.Well I was set up !!!!! She did just that,i was speechless,come to find out her daddy was a U.S marshall.Needless to say I had to buy her one.She also took my walthers ppk 380.
I think a woman can aim 45 degrees away from a target an the bullet will hit the target.
Old June 12, 2014, 07:20 PM   #65
arizonaopa

no problem here

Never had my wife co-opt one of my guns due to my buying habits. If I am looking for a new gun, I take my wife with me. If she sees something she likes, I pay for it and she leaves my new firearm alone. Also the fact that I am 12" taller, 100 lbs heavier means most of my guns have more kick than she is really comfortable with. However, her ability to shoot my guns when needed is unbeaten.
Old June 13, 2014, 10:35 AM   #66
sm

Yes.
I am also twice divorced and have been single for some time now.

Follow me here if you will:
My GF that would later be my second wife, went nuts over another Jetfire I had, being 19, and she being the good looking honey she was...

First wife decided the Grendel .380 daddy gave her, and with some "help" from FIL, my shooting buddy, one I competed with as pards, Ended up with another Model 64 with 3" bbl for a home/car gun. Thanks a lot FIL...

Remember that GF, from yesteryear? Stupid me, came home with yet another Colt Combat Commander.
Well, I gotta admit she did look a lot better carrying the darn thing on her hip, than I did.
Old June 14, 2014, 01:29 AM   #67
Andy Blozinski

My wife has declared my 1943 Astra 600 as her gun.
Old June 18, 2014, 02:20 PM   #68
Rapier

Hum, if you build guns and are married, it is not pretty. Oh, did you build that for me...... Ok you can shoot it, but bring it back, that is the gun you built for me.....Do not mess it up....etc., etc. Now she wants to shoot my new 358 MGP AR-15
Ed
Old June 18, 2014, 02:26 PM   #69
eldermike

The only guns she has not claimed are my 12 gage shotguns, the rest are hers and I just get to use them. 40 years ago we went shooting on a date, she had her dads 22 pump and I took along a few guns. Somehow they became our guns with the exception of a few that are only hers including that 22 pump.
Old June 18, 2014, 04:45 PM   #70
7Cedars

YES, YES, and YES!

About 6 or 7 years back I purchased a real pretty Henry lever action 22LR with an octagon barrel and I put a fun little red dot scope on it. I use it for hunting ground squirrels on our property. But now when ever we are getting ready to go up there my wife reminds me that I need to put "HER" Henry in the truck, at which time I remind her that when I bought that rifle she grumbled about me "buying another firearm I don't really need". Now, I just tell her that the reason more firearms keep showing up the safe is because the safe is too small, They are to close to one another and they are procreating. NOT MY FAULT! But I digress......I rarely complain about it when she wants me to bring "her" Henry out, the reason?.......I am very thankful my wife will go shoot with me and after 12 years of marriage I rarely get scolded anymore about buying new weapons. Win/Win.....................
Old June 18, 2014, 05:23 PM   #71
skizzums

YES!! my beautiful 357 lever-action
Old June 20, 2014, 01:15 AM   #72
jason_iowa

Every time I buy a new gun my girlfriend asks when I'm taking her to go shoot it. If I keep her well armed she stays away from mine!

Ill take the one who adopts my guns over the one who made me sell my collection off. If I had known you guys then maybe I would have gotten rid of the gf instead of the guns. Or someone would have gotten a good deal on a collection anyway.
Old June 21, 2014, 11:28 AM   #73
Loronzo

I'm going to have to add my CZ-75 Omega to the list (which was a bday present from her in may). Got two whole range trips in and got to hitting pie plates at 25 yards.

Then made the fatal mistake of bringing it on Father's Day when we went shooting with her family... One mag and a grin from her and I knew she just "Indian gave" my newest range toy. But what do ya do? Lol...

I'm just thankful she picked up shooting after we got together and enjoys it because I like to go shooting a lot and well, she'd be left on the couch quite a bit otherwise.
Old June 21, 2014, 01:40 PM   #74
Have gun-will travel

Yes ,I bought a Ruger Vaquero high polished stainless with faux Ivory grip in 44 mag. I loaded some 44 specials and let my wife shoot it. That has now become "her Gun"
Old June 21, 2014, 01:53 PM   #75
tacticalmedic

My wife took my stainless Ruger Police Service Six, 4 inch barrel. She is 5 ft, 105lbs and shoots full load magnums out of it like its a bb gun. I hide my S&W model 19 and 15 from her.