The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 30, 2010, 02:04 PM   #501
mich paul

Compliments,

I should introduce myself at least after posting a question in your discussion group beforehand. Golly, I'm from The proud State of Michigan. From the S.E. part, no not Detroit. Have spent the last 20 yrs. in the U.P. where firearms are not just a hobby but for many still a way to sustain themselves. 56 yrs old.
Although I have been acquainted with fire arms since the age of 9 (ROTC) training and own such from Armalite to Weatherby's I am here to learn more.
I hope to input as much as I learn.
Oh, I am something of a Civil War (War of the Rebellion), buff, this is of great interest as I had people on both sides.
Old March 30, 2010, 08:16 PM   #502
ephraim

Hello, all I am new to these forums and I currently live in Texas. I would like to know more about laws and firearms. I enjoy hunting, shooting for sport and believe firmly in my rights of self defense.
Old March 30, 2010, 09:32 PM   #503
sputnik1988

MP40?

Hi, my name is Mike, I am from ky, I am a collector of items from WWII. I have searched everywhere for a semi-auto MP40 but have not found one for less than a small fortune, I was wondering if one could be made to fire a 9mm semi-auto from an all metal replica using parts or if another gun could be integrated all together, I have no interest in the way the gun looks on the inside or when field stripped, I am only interested in the look of the real dealwhen in use, not so much the function. Thanks
Old March 31, 2010, 04:04 AM   #504
Bud Helms

A reminder to new members posting in this New Members Introduction thread: It is for introductions only. This is not a discussion thread. Go to the forum that covers your subject for discussion and questions.

Welcome to The Firing Line.
Old March 31, 2010, 09:18 PM   #505
ActionJacksonNJ

Newbee

Hello all,

I just submitted my paperwork to purchase my first handgun at the Jackson, NJ PD. I have a few questions:

1. Should I take a training course before I make my first purchase?
2. I'm looking at the S&W M&P Compact 9mm as a first purchase. What do you think?
3. Should I purchase online or go to a gun shop?
4. If a shop, which store do you recommend? If online???
5. What kind of bullets should I purchase for this gun?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I've been reading the threads on this site and you guys sound like you know what time it is.

Also, any other suggestion that you may have for me would be greatly appreciated. Should I join the NRA, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Old March 31, 2010, 09:27 PM   #506
Bud Helms

Well, ActionJacksonNJ, go up two posts above yours and read my last post.

Don't forget to read Da Rules too.
Old March 31, 2010, 09:32 PM   #507
cowboy_711

Hey all, I am from rural Iowa and am going to be graduating college here in May. I have grown up hunting and loving guns. I have numerous shotguns and rifles but I am new to the handgunning world. I just have a couple old .22 handguns that my grandpa gave me, but I am looking to get a few more.
Old April 4, 2010, 06:14 PM   #508
Helios

New member from Central Florida. Howdy!
Old April 5, 2010, 01:26 AM   #509
Kjackson35

Hello out there!

Been reading on this forum for about a year and have just now finally decided to actually join. So I'm not new to reading but AM new to posting.
Old April 8, 2010, 09:15 AM   #510
fletchb

Hello

Hello all,

I'm new here and I had a question about HK91. The question I have is I'm look at buying one and what to know how to make sure it is a real HK91 not a clone? I'm just not familiar with HK, but I do know there are a lot of clones out there.

thanks
Old April 9, 2010, 10:19 PM   #511
bestwrmd

I believe in Liberty and Human.
I am a Constitutionalist, Jeffersonian, and Freedom-lover.
Old April 10, 2010, 06:16 PM   #512
Rapaces

Hi
I'm a French amator (not for long I hope) filmmaker who loves western movies. Hence my interest for old school firearms and my Denix repliquas collection!
Old April 11, 2010, 09:29 AM   #513
windowdude

new here

Hi,
I'm Brett from missouri. was raised around firearms. just would like to make some shooting friends and learn some.
Old April 11, 2010, 03:49 PM   #514
timber_ghost

Hello. I am new here and also new to forums.
I plain on reading till my eyes bleed!
Thanks for all the great info.

http://www.armslist.com/p/326?returnurl=/
Old April 12, 2010, 08:12 AM   #515
RugerSR9C

New Member to TFL

Hey Everyone,

Just joined, I`m from florida,and been shooting and carrying for sometime,I was wondering about reloading if anybody has any info,with the prices going threw the roof,is it hard to get started? I see all the presses you can get etc:Hornady,Lee is it a little cheaper or about the same with buying the supplies.

Thank you
Old April 12, 2010, 07:42 PM   #516
Bud Helms

Have you noticed the Handloading forum yet?
Old April 13, 2010, 08:05 PM   #517
mattsoccer02

Name is Matt... Not necessarily new to guns, just new to owning ones of my own. .40 xd-subcompact and a s&w 1911sc... 25 and willing to learn. Thanks for your time and a great site.
Old April 14, 2010, 02:20 PM   #518
kodiakbeer

Hi! I'm actually an old hand here, but quit posting for a number of years - mostly, just not enough time!

Back in the day, I was the "bear guy" and some of you will no doubt remember me. I'm into libertarian politics, old guns, hunting and wildlife photography.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRaHIVUnID0
Old April 14, 2010, 03:29 PM   #519
TMNT

Hello from CT!
Old April 14, 2010, 10:58 PM   #520
Mr1ncred1ble

I kinda like it here, think I'll stay for a while. I'm from Illinois, south of the city. I've recently became an XD junkie, I own an XDm 4.5" .40cal, the original, and XD 9mm subcompact. Love 'em both, used to own a couple Tauri, but sold 'em. I signed up here a while ago and searched here for answers a few times, but haven't posted much. I was a member of another forum but it got a little weird around there, at least for me...glad to be here so far.
Old April 15, 2010, 07:15 AM   #521
mitchell koster

Hi all, I've been hunting for two years of my short 16 year, from tassie (a state of Aus)

Want to learn more bout hunting.
Old April 15, 2010, 09:40 PM   #522
ejptexed

Glad to be here

Hello everybody Im a fifty something born and raised Texan,father of three sons who enjoy shooting as much as there dad.First time to fire a gun was at the age of six and I have looked forward to the next time ever since.Ive got horns on every wall in the house and meat in the freezer.I was told a long time ago don't get mad at someone because there smarter than you ,it's not there fault,so I plan on doing a lot of reading and listening .My name is Eddie and thanks for having me.
Old April 16, 2010, 07:04 AM   #523
RichB69

Just checking in.

Hey Guys,
I just joined the forum. I'm from BoulderCity NV renewed my CCW this week and bought a used Ruger KG-161 357 mag I carry a little KelTec 9mm cheap but small and easy to carry. I am here to learn. I also like to be in the company of like minded people.

Rich
Old April 16, 2010, 02:20 PM   #524
doggs86

hello

found this site yesturday...like it alot!!! lots of good info..im just getting back into shooting/reloading,dont know why i quit for so long lol...
Old April 19, 2010, 10:17 PM   #525
Abraxxas

Hello from central Wisconsin! Been shooting since I was old enough to hold a .22 with dads help and have been hooked ever since. I found this great site while searching for some help on reloading, I just started myself and have found tons of great information and friendly, helpful people here. I asked a question and within a couple hours had a bunch of help and a few PM's from folks offering help. What a great place!

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent