The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 20, 2013, 11:26 AM   #1
wheelyfun

New Vaquero Sheriff 44

Hey All,
I've been bragging on every other forum in the universe, so might as well show it here too! (forgive me if you have seen these pics elsewhere..)

Old February 20, 2013, 12:18 PM   #2
BerdanSS

Niiiiice Sweet little .44 ya got there. From looking at the holster, is that a new carry piece maybe? nice to see another SA guy.
Old February 20, 2013, 02:35 PM   #3
Logan5579

Dang, I want one! If anybody here knows how to wring cash out of a rock I need to be in on the secret so I can afford one of these AND a Lyman GPR!
Old February 20, 2013, 02:53 PM   #4
deerslayer303

Yes Sir! Very nice hand cannon right there! SO, a range report with pics is whatta we like to see, chop chop! Congrats on your new steel!
Old February 20, 2013, 05:15 PM   #5
rclark

Nice! Since you put it here in BP forum.... Your going to now have to Load 'er up with some smokey BP rounds. Lets see some smoke! I have to do that with my original Vaquero every now and then to remind me what it 'used' to be like!
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.
Old February 20, 2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Jbar4Ranch

Beautiful! Have you shot it yet? I recently bought a consecutive pair of SS 4 5/8"ers, THEN decided I needed an identical backup (Cowboy Action shooting), so found a third one at Thunderstick in Tucson The first pair are GREAT shooters, but I haven't been able to step out the door with #3 yet. Black powder, or smokeless, they both shoot fantastic.

SASS 47015
Old February 20, 2013, 07:13 PM   #7
Andyspiros

Beautiful gun you have there dude, congrats on the find!
Old February 21, 2013, 01:25 AM   #8
Doc Hoy

Agree!

Pretty nice Vaquero
Old February 21, 2013, 02:21 AM   #9
dalegribble

i have a 3 1/2" uberti thunderer in 45 that i really like and i really want to add a sheriffs model as well.
Old February 21, 2013, 06:43 PM   #10
bedbugbilly

Sorry . . . but I think it is so butt ugly that the only thing you should do is box it up and send it to me so I can "dispose" of it for you.

You have a really nice shooting iron there! Congrats on it! I've got a NV in 357 and I love it - a great gun. I bought it when I decided to try out the new fangled cartridge guns after shooting BP for so many years. Mine shoots great . . I just hope them new fangled cartridges catch on. Enjoy! It sure is a "looker"!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63